Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

It is okay if it says, “You have already submitted your accept or decline response. If you have any further questions, please contact the Admissions Office.”, when you click Accept/Decline in the Student Center? Is this some sort of glitch?

says “Thank you for applying we have received your application. No determination has been made at this time.” It’s been like this for a while and sounds like everyones either getting accepted/declined… already. Hm yikes…

Just got an email notifying me of my acceptance.

On your personal? Or through your portal?

@savannah7242: The accept/decline button only shows up if you have been accepted. No determination means no decision. Give it time.

if official acceptance emails are being sent does than mean admissions are over?

My daughter is still waiting on business but unsure if she checked today as she has been in school/at work.

I was just accepted to the environmental protection and management major. 1340 sat and a 4.23 gpa. in state. The email went to my promotions instead of my inbox so make sure to check there.

Does anyone know if the admissions team reviews applications or is it all electronic? My son’s MCA “should be” 48577, however, in reviewing his app, he didn’t include the algebra, geometry and Spanish 1 he took in middle school. We are out of state and haven’t had any other apps request middle school classes. Of course, if a student has gone so far as Calc 3 in high school, they took Alg 1 and Geometry. Same with Spanish - if they completed Spanish 2 & 3, they also took Spanish 1. Obviously our mistake on the app, but he provided transcripts (all As), test scores (790 math, 740 eng) and AP test scores (All 5’s, one 4)… is he probably just out of luck?

@savannah7242 On my personal email account.

@CoProud: Applications are reviewed electronically as far as I am aware. Also they do not look at transcripts until the student enrolls and completes their Senior year classes. If he did not report Middle school grades, then yes he is out of luck. SLO does not allow application changes or updates once the application is submitted.

just curious but does slo send out acceptance packages in the mail?

@heeeeey they didn’t send out packages when my older two were accepted, but then again they didn’t send out an email with a Video Message either, like they are doing this year!!

Have any psych majors heard back yet?

@jennatylor44: Yes
Hint: Look on the Final Status thread. On the upper right corner, click on the magnifying glass, type in Psychology and it will bring up all Psychology posts.

Psychology
MCA ~4705
In state
Accepted

Psychology
MCA: 5100
In-State
Accepted

Psychology
MCA 4760 (3.85UW/4.25W, 33 ACT)
In state
Accepted (sometime between 11:00 PM and 8:45AM)

Are admissions over? I applied under Business Admin and it has been “no determination has been made yet” for quite a long time. I’m getting scared

My D is in the same boat @saith8.
She said she checked several times today. Hopefully you have some other nice choices like my daughter.

@CoProud: Although they don’t allow updates (as stated by Gumbymom), I think it might be worth making a call to their admissions office (they are very friendly and helpful btw). Worst case is they say, “no.” It would be a shame for such a high caliber student (especially since you’re willing to pay more as OOS) to not make it due to admin error. My guess is, he missed out on course rigor for MCA calculation if he didn’t go past 3rd year foreign lang (counting only 2nd year in HS). I think his math is fine since he took math all four years (assuming Calc 3 is a year beyond AP Calc BC).

As for “haven’t had any other apps request middle school classes,” Common App (for few schools like USC and not all schools) and Coalition App asked for middle school grades. If your son used these apps for other schools, you might want to double check these also.

Still NO Child Dev? Seems strange that if they were going to plan on 42 (2018 plan) they would admit at least 3 times that then someone on here should have heard. No?

i haven’t heard for child development either. i’ve lost hope:(