Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

Well, the only reason I haven’t is that NO ONE has heard or at least posted. And if only 10% of CPSLO are on here, then at least a few would have posted. None of us on here has heard. And I think there are 3 or 4 of us. Maybe we all suck! :wink:

history major, I’ve been accepted! : )

To those that haven’t been accepted yet, don’t fret over it! Everyone I know who has gotten in has fairly high stats… I myself had a 1500 SAT, my friends as well. This may just be the first batch.

@JBSeattle Seattle - bummer, huh? I realize our mistake for not including, really wasn’t clear. It was all included on the common app but was spelled out that they wanted that info. @sawadeeka - thank you, I think I might give that a try. Probably won’t help but can’t hurt!

My son called SLO about middle school grades and they said nothing can be done at this point.

when will invitations for the honors college come out?

@CoProud, unfortunately it is clearly spelled out in the CSU ap instructions and in the Cal Poly specific instructions. @Gumbymom can point you to the specific publications. Every year, it snags some students. For some majors, the loss of the MCA points doesn’t make a difference, but for the hypercompetitive ones, where every point counts, it can and has. Unfortunately, there’s no recourse. The good news is, applicants with your student’s stats will have lots of opportunities. It’s good that the tough life lesson didn’t remove his only option.

Has anyone heard of acceptances for biochemistry yet? I applied under this major, but haven’t heard anything yet. ;/

@Co2023applicant no :frowning: i applied to the same major but it looks like only one or two people have heard

@CoProud
I just meant same boat in that she is waiting. I don’t believe she made a mistake on the middle school grades. I vaguely remember her saying something about it and I said to just to do what they request.

@JBSeattle oh my i just realized where it was written to enter 8th grade classes. It has to be more clear! It is in the middle of a pdf that most students just skip over :frowning:

Anyone get in for Graphic design? or will it take longer because of portfolio review?

Yeah, I’m also waiting on child development, and I haven’t heard anything

in-state architecture - not heard a response yet. mca ~4250, im beginning to fear the worst

people at my school with such low test scores/grades for cp slo are getting in…

@lostbraincells, most students do not skip over it, or they wouldn’t be getting in. Every year unfortunately, a few do, and it can cost them. CP knows about this, but has yet to change it, either because changing the software would be too costly or they want to see who is reading the directions as some sort of test. Not sure.

@Co2023applicant My D heard from biochem Friday. She is “high stats”, so if they’re admitting in order of stats that doesn’t necessary mean anything. They may still be admitting. Good luck!

@Last1Done : What does your comment mean about how many they are admitting?

Hi there. You’re really helpful on this site. Thank you! As far as the clarity of the application, though, I spoke with some people who attended a workshop for professionals on filling out the CSU application and apparently it was a major topic of conversation at the workshop how very difficult it is to correctly complete the new CSU application. So, the posters on this site who didn’t know how to do it properly are certainly in good company. My daughter was told she should NOT submit her app until she attended an application workshop offered by the local CSU. She wasn’t able to do this but fortunately it worked out for her anyway. If she’d applied into a different major, she mightn’t have been so lucky.

Anyone heard from Public Health in-state? Portal still says no decision has been made, getting a little antsy!