Cal Poly SLO Class of 2023 Thread

@eyemgh Thank you!

If I havenā€™t heard back yet, should I expect a waitlist or rejection?

@futurehealthyrd That is the million dollar question. I am going into this week with the mindset that perhaps another great wave of freshman acceptances will be a sweet surprise for all of us. Light a candle for the acceptance vigil :wink:

My D still has not heard yet. We are figuring that means a waitlist or rejection.

Does anyone know if poly sci majors have been decided yet for slo?

I applied with a poli sci major and havenā€™t heard back, even a while ago, a lot of people with political science responded saying they were waiting to hear back.

@college2019bound ?ļø?ļø?ļø I hope emoji candles will suffice

Friend got into art program w a 3.6 and 1190sat! she had to submit a portfolio, in-state northern california

@2toplace Thanks for the quick reply. Yesā€“it should be a line item!

Yo wat are my chances, if I have a 3.6 WGPA and a SAT of 1320? Applying for Animal Bioā€¦

My D still has not heard yet. We are figuring that means a waitlist or rejection.

My oldest son attends CP. We pay tuition three times per year. Approx $3300 each time. Then housing (depends on dorm or apartment- could be anywhere from ~$4,000-$9000), then a meal plan ($ depends- not required after freshman year). Out of state may be more. We are in state. @2toplace

I am also waiting on poli sci. Hoping for good news but starting to get discouraged :frowning:

Anyone heard from Biological Sciences ?

My son is waiting for agriculture business and I haveā€™t seen anyone post that they have been accepted. Any ideas on if they send acceptances later? The wait is killing me.

@pamom414 , @Gumbymom - OOS admitted student here. Got an email this afternoon offering a $1K renewable scholarship. Not sure if this is yearly or quarterly.

@To2023: Usually the scholarship offers are yearly. Did you get the rest of the FA package?

Supposedly a friendā€™s Aunt works at CP in admissions, and she just told him that they are atill admitting freshmen for a few more weeks. Weā€™ll have to sit tight.
Funny thing is off the record, he said it seemed the already accepted highest stat majors were offered acceptance first in hopes of the college getting a quick commit from them so they can play with their acceptance numbers. This will let them know how many to still offer acceptance to before March is over as many high stat students will decline because CP was their safety school.
This also will let them keep the % of waitlisted down, by being able to offer actual acceptance once some decline.
Does that even make sense? So they are really playing a game this year IF (and big if) that is the actual deal. Donā€™t take my word for it, all hearsay. But an interesting leak.

perfect sense. so after UCs send decisions there may be some movement. thx!!

Thatā€™s smart although it stinks for those waiting. Possibly a new strategy. Many are waiting for UC acceptances to roll out.