Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@Doubtfuleyes13 seems to be the prediction! OOS on friday and IS on sunday or monday!

My bet is OOS start tomorrow (Thursday), IS on Friday and throughout the weekend.

Not sure this is relevant, but my daughter received an email today from Cal Poly admissions seeking clarification on some changes to her senior year course schedule, so perhaps they’re getting ready to release decisions now. We are OOS.

Would they send out decisions on the weekend? Just checking bc I’ve heard a lot of rumors that March 1st is the date for IS, but I’m not completely sure.

I agree with @ruc2019 – I’m also guessing that OOS starts tomorrow (2/27) and in-state on Friday, (2/28). Last year, OOS notifications started on 2/28/19, which was a Thursday, and in-state on 3/1/19, which was a Friday. I highly doubt that a public school employee would work on a Sunday to send out admissions notifications.

Just for fun, UC Santa Cruz started admitting today, the same day as last year and one day before Cal Poly Slo started with OOS.

any idea as to what time portals will begin updating?

Last year on the thread it looked like 3/1 at 5pm

my son’s

So, kids who applied to UCSC are starting to hear today? Thanks for any information

Does anyone know any past stats for people admitted, waitlisted, or rejected for the Spanish major?

@ruc2019: How about UCR? Last year it was about the same time as SLO.

@erynpanda: Not to get off the primarily topic ( Cal Poly Slo), but nothing yet for UCR. Last year it looks like 3/1 was the first day, so maybe this Friday.

@lifeandsmiles - Spanish major? Is that a thing at CPSLO?

@momamet: Yes, there is a BA Degree for Spanish at SLO.

@lifeandsmiles: I could not find any MCA or Stat’s data for a Spanish major.
I would use the Freshman profile info for the College of LIberal Arts to help gauge your chances.

GPA: 3.89 – 4.25
ACT Total: 25 – 30
SAT: 1230 – 1420

SLO projections would be under Modern Languages and Literature with 82 applicants for 10 spots.

@gumbymom - interesting! I had no idea. It’s not listed on that projections by major spreadsheet. I wonder if there are other majors that are not listed. Good to know!

@momamet: Spanish is listed under World Languages and Cultures Department as a major. On the projections, it is listed under Modern Languages and Literature.

fingers crossed OOS behind releasing today! good luck to everyone!!

any idea on what time?

@veronica0208 Two years ago the first wave happened around midnight right on Thursday and last year it happened around 11:30am PST, so we could be seeing the first waves at any time today

for in state?