Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

It happens when it happens.

No inconsistencies coming from their admission office. All inconsistencies are coming from the speculations we make right here on these threads… :slight_smile:

If someone else wants to call the admissions office, we’ll know if they are consistent with what they told me

Just called. All they said was that admissions decisions would all be out before April 1st, said they couldn’t give me a time when they would be released before then since the individual colleges independently decide on when to release them.

Our HS college counselor wrote in a newsletter last week that our students would hear from the CSUs by Mar 1st and UCs by March 15th. Almost all of the other CSUs have released their decisions except for SDSU, Cal Poly, and maybe one other?

Agreed. If I worked in Admissions, I would simply recite the company line to any phone queries, assuming I hadn’t unplugged the phone already.

As for timing… from reading this thread (and others), someone mentioned it all started around 9pm PST (2 years ago) and 11:30am PST (last year). If I wasn’t at work, I’d take a nap and tell everyone to wake me when (if) notifications start.

I can’t believe people actually feel compelled to phone the Admissions office and bother those people.

I’m thinking next Thurs/Fri…

@kukui77: Not to derail this discussion but your counselor is wrong about the UC’s. Some of the UC’s will start posting decisions by March 15.
UCLA is usually the 3rd Friday of March so March 20.
UCB is confirmed for March 26 and UCSB is March 17.

The admissions will always tell you the latest possible date or mid -March. You will never get an inside scoop. I had a list from the threads from last year and it looks like 3/1 at 5pm for first admittance. I’m not sure if it was for IS OR OOS?

I think this thread just shows that there are a lot of parents and students who really care about their child/their own futures—and are probably sick of waiting. Everyone’s ready to move forward with the next big chapter! It’s been a long journey getting to March!

Of course everyone here cares. I’ve probably clicked Refresh throughout the day as much as anyone else. But unless it’s April 2nd, I’m not phoning the office. I’ll just privately grumble cause it’s Feb 27th and it’s completely out of my control.

It’s almost always a student that answers the phones and can’t answer any real questions anyway (source: my oldest goes there).

Of course… that makes sense. I suddenly have this vision of a nervous student cupping the phone, glancing around the office, and then whispering: “Okay… you didn’t hear this from me, but here’s what’s going down…”

LOL! If we keep calling someone might slip up and spill the beans!

Here’s an interesting article to read while waiting
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/compassion-matters/201803/the-wait-the-college-acceptance-letter

I’m going to stick with what I posted on 2/12…

FWIW, last year my son found out he was admitted on Sat 3/2.

I think OOS is starting tomorrow. ?

Via email or by checking his portal?

1 Like