Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@AnnaEpp via the portal

@nocal1 in state or oos?

My in-state daughter found out she was admitted last year on Saturday, 3/2 as well. Through the portal, followed by an email from admissions in the late afternoon on Monday, 3/4.

Acceptances for some OOS right now.

Where did you see that OOS acceptances were coming in?

It would be nice to know for sure

Someone’s portal, they got EE but nothing updated for me yet.

Are we sure they’re not international of some sort?

Do we know around what time (morning vs afternoon vs at night) the decisions for OOS students have been released in past years?

That info is mentioned a few times in this thread.

anybody else hear of any other oos acceptances?

When OOS people start hearing, this thread will be lighting up; same with the final stats thread.

I think the reduction in apps at SLO and 10% decline in freshman enrollment at SDSU are related to the California Promise program. In the past three years there has been a big marketing push to get the message out about 2 years of free college followed by transfer.
This program makes financial sense for every SES segment. it also turns everyone’s reach school into a safety school (TAG).
I know of many students at my S20’s high school who chose not to take the SAT and instead started on CCC classes in junior year. The transfer path is a long road and almost should take 5 years for STEM majors (because they take a large credit load) but the CAL grant programs have aligned to offer lower aid in years 1-2 and much higher aid in 3-4.

random question but did anybody else have to create a portal without receiving an email prompting you to with all the info? Becuase unlike the other csu’s and uc’s, i never got that email for this school

@fadiawesome, yes. We did not get the email with portal login instructions and contacted admissions via email to obtain this.

But some of the UC’s have started notifying students. My daughter was notified last week she was admitted and asked to be part of the honors program. She was invited to tour the campus next week. I think they are trying to woo the high stats kids that are probably waiting on UCLA and UCB.

Make sure to also check your junk mail, both the Cal Poly and SDSU emails went to that folder for me.

Just curious is that UCSC? It seems like UCI and UCSC have send acceptances to high stat kids, UCSB has done their big hint chancellor invite, UCLA did their regents invite. But I have not seen general admits for any of the UCs as of this time.

so when OOS comes out, no matter what day it is, what time of day are we thinking?

So is Cal Poly not posting decisions anytime soon? I know we expected OOS to come out yesterday followed by in-state today, but that doesn’t seem to be happening.