Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

You can use the search mechanism (magnifying glass next to the page numbers) to search for results on specific majors. Super easy.

i don’t know why there’s such a small amount of computer engineering majors…this is kind of funny

Hello everyone! I created a SLO MCA google form for collecting admit data! Take a couple seconds and fill it out! Thanks so much for contributing to the overall database! Here is the link: https://■■■■■■■■■/GdjvyEyBS37PAmd99

my portal hasnt changed i just got the email

That’s a new one. Usually the portal changes first.

For everyone that is still waiting, make sure to check your promotions or junk mail boxes in your email. Cal Poly emails to both of my children always go to those boxes for some reason.

Did you get accepted when you opened the email and you didn’t see anything when you opened your portal? @veronica0208

@DiHydrogen2121 where will this data be published? I think it would be really helpful!

Does anyone know what time they will start updating the portal today? If I understand correctly, everything everyone has posted was from the portal update yesterday/last night.

Accepted later last night
GPA UW - 3.98
ACT- 33
MCA around 4500
major: spanish

in state

Yes, keep checking and good luck!

@domrocsmom THANK YOU!

We stayed in the “what’s left” room. It was a king room, but they had plenty of rooms with doubles. My daughter loved it. The hotel was very clean and had a fun quirky vibe. We ate breakfast in the restaurant, which was awesome. The pool seemed nice, but we didn’t use it. There happened to be a circus on site, as well, which we bought tickets to after our campus visit. The performers were great and we had a blast. All in, we really enjoyed the hotel and will definitely stay there again when we visit. It isn’t close to campus, but was close enough to be able to drive over and park without too much of a hassle. It may not be for everyone. If you prefer the standard Marriott, Omni, 4 seasons stay, it may not be your thing. But it was very clean, beds were comfy, bathroom tile was absolutely beautiful, soaps and shampoos were higher end and we had fluffy towels. :wink:

Hi!
I applied as a Marine Science major
UW GPA around 3.8 and SAT is 1420.
My portal has not changed, still says “No determination has been made”
I’ve seen some other kids in this thread with my major and with lower stats who have been accepted. There are also a lot of kids from my school (In State) who were accepted last night.
I’m feeling very worried. Will there be more decisions released within the next few days? Or should I expect a waitlist/rejection decision in the future?

what did your email say?

I have seen a few posts saying that their portal did not change but that they did get an email. Check your emails, spam, junk, etc. and if not there, keep checking your portal. I believe more are rolling in. Keep the faith and good luck!

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear. My twins both applied. One of them got accepted last night and one is still waiting, so we feel your pain. It is torture waiting. Keep your heads up! I know that this is a dream school for some (this is the case for our boy who is still waiting), but there is still hope. And if you do not get in, the world will not end. I am a firm believer that you will get in to the school that is right for you. Keep the faith and never give up!

Does anyone know the exact times that decisions will be coming? The Cal Poly site says that all decisions will be made by April 1st, so does that mean they may be just picking random times every day to release some of the decisions? I applied for computer science but have not heard back yet.

I’m hoping they are still going to release some more acceptances within the next few days. I haven’t received anything from them in my email.

Maybe they will start around 4:30 pm again like they did yesterday? Just a guess

No decision yet for my son. OOS, applied for Mechanical Engineering. We’ll keep waiting.