Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

How do you know the number of acceptances that have been sent out?

Yes.

Only if it is Algebra, Geometry or the equivalent.

My daughter also found it in her student portal. We are OOS.

You don’t.

Hard to tell. It obviously makes a difference if she’s on the bubble. What are her stats, what major, what is her MCA with and without 8th grade math?

@kikiob - she took Algebra in 8th grade.
@NoVaRat - she applied for Microbiology major. Her 10-11 academic GPA is 4.42 (no PE), SAT 1370. She got 4s and 5s on the AP exams but I don’t think CSU look at them?
The MCA is 4332 without 8th grade math and 4532 with it. None of the other information applies. Does 200 points make that much difference? Is it grounds for appeal if she didn’t get it?

Yes, 200 points makes a big difference.

No, a mistake in filling out the application is not grounds for an appeal.

Has anyone been accepted into Math major?

@travelbee - Look through current and last year threads and see what other MCA’s have been accepted for microbiology. While it’s a bummer that she didn’t enter 8th grade math, she may still be within range. I wouldn’t lose hope until you get an official decision.

Yes.

Has anyone received a declined notice? Waiting on Industrial Design and Packaging from within School of Business

Today is monday. Any chance waitlisted students or more acceptances come out today around 5p.m.?

Notices can come out at any time.

FA was also posted in my daughter’s portal. Unfortunately no scholarship money, only loans.

This seems like a tough one. GPA is solid (however, please note that Cal Poly calculates GPA from courses taken in grades 9-11, not 10-11), but SAT looks like its close to the middle of the 25-75 percentile range for College of Science and Mathematics. Seems like an extra 200 MCA points would be really helpful here.

Thanks @NoVaRat. Her 9-11 GPA is 4.29, so it should still be within the range. I guess there’s nothing we can do but wait. She’s been accepted to CSULB and SDSU (both asked her to apply for their Honors College) so she has options. Plus UCs decisions will come out soon.

We are waiting for ITP as well - have not seen any mention of it so far but since it is such a small major that might be expected. Would love to hear about other ITP applicants!

My son is ITP and he is has not heard anything yet.