Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Gumbymom, that waitlist link says June 15, not May 15. July 15 for transfers.

Also, what is “SIR”

@sdds @aleanae: Sorry, mistyped the information. According to the website, you should hear by JUNE 15th not May 15th.

SIR= Statement of Intent to Register which means the deadline to enroll.

So disappointed for my D. She hasn’t received anything yet- I imagine that mean rejection This wasn’t even one of her top choices, but this experience has been the worst !! So stressful! Thank goodness the UC’s don’t work this way.

Son was waitlisted for Computer Science:
SAT 1490 (Math 780)
GPA 4.33 (Calculated on the app)
MCA was around 4726 I think.

@margo143: Race/Ethnicity is not a consideration for any of the California public universities during the admission process.

D just got waitlisted. Thursday 7:50pm

GPA 4.0 uw - 4.5 w
MCA 4798
ACT 34
Mechanical Engineering

last year about 2400/6600 got in from the wait list so that is about a 36% acceptance rate. Good Luck Everyone

Waitlisted SE
4700 MCA
4.0 GPA
32 ACT
35 English
36 Math

So if the waitlist date carries out past May 1, what good does that do for most people? Aren’t decisions for most schools (at least UCs and most California schools) May 1? A waitlisted kid would already have to commit to another school by then. What am I missing?

portal down for anyone?

I think (not 100% sure) you can commit and then uncommit if you get into a better school. Might cost some extra money to do that.

Cal poly website says May 15 for first-year students and June 15 for Transfers

Wednesdays portal maintenance at 8:00 P.M. happens every week

Interesting - in the waitlist link Cal Poly says “There are no ‘rankings’ on the waitlist,”

But in this Common Data Set document they answer “yes” to the question “Is your waiting list ranked?”

https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/CDS_2018-2019%20%281%29%20Final%20Posted%205.21.19%20Ref.%20Sec.H1.2_2.pdf

@pandabear111 Ahhh i see, thank you!

Thanks for the reply, @Gumbymom. And thanks for sharing your wealth of information. I enjoy reading your posts in several threads ?

Me too! Gumbymom is my hero!

How long will the site be under maintenance?

Daughter waitlisted for Psych.
In-state.
GPA: 3.9 UW/4.31 Weighted (high school’s calculation - don’t know CSU GPA)
ACT: 34

The portal is working now.

Our daughter was wait listed for Biological Sciences
GPA 4.0 (uw); 4.37 (weighted)
SAT: 1550
5’s on AP classes

These next few weeks will be nerve wracking while she waits for decisions from UC’s.