Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@AMCdad Thanks! Is there a pattern to the colleges? Like alphabetical, does it change from year to year, etc.

@jaypearows: SLO use to post acceptances alphabetically by the colleges but the last few years, they have not used this pattern.

Usually it is OOS acceptances followed by in-state acceptances over a period of a few days to a week. Then waitlisted applicants are notified and finally denials after several weeks. They love to drag it out.

Does anyone know the latest MCA for

1. Environmental Management and Protection
  2. Forestry and Natural Resources
    Thank you!

@bluegreenocean You can search last year’s thread for the majors to see what was reported and then compare to your data. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-cal-poly-slo-2019-final-status.html

Any idea why Cal Poly takes so long to release their acceptances? No essays to read, just numbers to plug in and decide where the MCA cutoff is for each major. Other CSUs have already released acceptances–wondering why CP takes so much longer.

Hello, I was accepted for last year for Fall of 2019. Here are my stats:

Biology Major
CSU GPA: 3.8 W
ACT: 33
Lots of community service hours & leadership roles
Rigorous courseload

Hope this helps some of y’all!

Could you please clarify what MCA stands for? Thank you!

@bytehaus

See this thread:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128874-understanding-the-mca-plus-calculator-p1.html

Was checking dates on the CP website (S is a second year ME student and senior daughter is stressed out waiting for an email from admissions), and I found this Open House “invitation” for new admits and prospective students, which says the RSVP window will open mid Feb. could this mean decisions will start rolling out any day? I realize there is no answer to this question. Happy waiting!

https://orientation.calpoly.edu/oh2019

@momamet, International students, some athletes, and maybe out of state students will know by mid-February, even if the bulk of acceptances come out in early March. I would love to think that acceptances for everyone will be out in mid-February (like in 2017 with my son), but I am not getting my hopes up now that my daughter has applied. I like your optimism, though. Everyone hates the waiting game.

@momamet I sure hope so!!

We are OOS, so will keep y’all posted, while realizing of course, that “no news” is not “good news“ in this case. Lol. My S was waitlisted which was probably the most painful scenario. Took until mid April before an acceptance finally came. Ugh.

Does anyone know if there are more than a handful of MCA scores for Agricultural Business over the last couple of years? The scores I saw were in the 4200 to 4400 range.

@AMCdad: I would say the majority of applicants do not post their decisions or MCA scores on College Confidential. With a target of 534 applicants and 130 admits, there should be a few more postings.

Thanks, @Gumbymom. It seems to be another one of the many under reported majors on here.

My daughter has an MCA of 4360, so the few posted MCA’s are encouraging. However, such a small sample hardly inspires confidence in that score range. It leaves a lot out there in the great unknown.

@momamet That open house will be for all admitted students since decisions are due by May 1st. I was told at the campus tour that no admission offers are sent until March 1st but maybe they do come sooner?

Based on past history, I anticipate in-state decisions to be issued starting either 3/3 or 3/4.

CSULB OOS was today for me if that is any indicator. Should be soon for here as well

I know that some in-state people heard from CP Pomona today.

I would rather be SLO than Po.