Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

mine is 4771 for computer engineering. can i still get admitted at this point?

You guys, if your decision hasn’t come out yet, dont assume its a rejection. No decision means no decision

@mhaze actually I didn’t get an email, I’ve been checking my portal like three times a day and my acceptance suddenly appeared

Awesome!!! So, there is still hope for others as well. Happy for you :slight_smile:

There are no specific scholarships tied in with the Honors Program at Cal Poly. But there are many perks. For one, you get priority registration for the first two years, which is a huge plus (Cal Poly class sizes are relatively small compared to other Cal States and UCs, but it’s still a state school), and you get to live in the new dorms (granted you get your housing application in early). They sent out around 600 applications and only around 90 get accepted so the odds are not good (around 1 in 7) but it’s one of the better Honors Programs.

That is such great news! Congrats and thanks so much for posting this. What is your major, scores, etc and what time did the notice come into your portal?

@aishaaaaaaaaa
Congrats on your acceptance, what is your major?

Unfortunately, there is no priority registration for first two years on Honor program. According to the site:

Membership in a welcoming, supportive, and close-knit community focused on learning;
Opportunities to work closely with individual faculty members in more intimate classroom settings and on co-curricular projects;
Small-enrollment, degree-applicable Honors courses focused on interesting subjects within the University’s General Education Program;
A yearlong first-year experience course that counts as a General Education requirement and focuses on topics related to sustainability, equity, justice, global perspectives, leadership, interdisciplinary collaboration, project-based learning, and service;
Unique and interesting Honors seminar courses taught by faculty experts from across campus;
Guidance, advising, mentoring, and support by Honors faculty, staff, and peers to assist students during their transition to university life and to help ensure their academic success;
Dedicated space in Kennedy Library for studying, interacting with other Honors students, working on group projects, and meeting with program advisors;
Reserved space for incoming first-year students in an Honors living learning community;
Support services and unique learning opportunities for transfer students;
A structured overlay curriculum that includes Honors General Education courses as well as opportunities for deeper learning, collaboration, and engagement in service, civic engagement, international study, research, leadership, teaching, and mentoring;
Opportunities to conduct meaningful interdisciplinary research with students and faculty from across campus; and
Recognition upon graduation and during commencement for the time, effort, and dedication required to successfully complete the Honors Program.

@meggie08 Thanks! Biological sciences

@domrocsmom My major is biological sciences. International applicant, ACT-34, GPA- 3.9 unweighted and I guess the notice came somewhere between 12 pm and 3pm eastern time

Congratulations!

Congrats! This is crazy, so drawn out!

waitlisted 3.65 weighted 1310 sat

@ronaldmcdonald2001 was this recently?

International applications for us have been a mixed bag - even as American Internationals. One CSU requested transcripts in November and an acceptance straightaway, another just last week asked for the transcripts. CalPoly asked for them in November, December and again in March. They were sent in November, December and March. Then they ignored an email for a month and in the reply they threatened to withdraw the application altogether for lack of transcripts. Then, they claimed there was another applicant with the same name. (please) They finally confirmed receipt of the requested transcripts. But then put the transcript request back on the kid’s to-do list. Their admissions office take phone calls starting at noon…that’s 11PM for us so the whole ordeal was a royal pain in the a$$. CalPoly was the big dream for the past few years. But when your kid gets a $45K offer from a private school the same day their favourite school threatens not even to look at the application b/c they themselves mishandled the documents…??? We are all SO very unimpressed. We can’t imagine how they treat students on campus if this is the route to get them there!

We are still waiting as well. They asked for transcripts again last week. The admissions office at CalPoly seems…disorganised at best.

I

I thought transcripts were only required if you are accepted?

I know no one on here can say for certain, but for CA residents, if we haven’t heard anything, is it likely that we have not gotten in- or at best are in line for a waitlist slot if they bump people up?

I’ve heard they go alphabetically per college starting with STEM and Engineering majors. So if you haven’t heard back yet, just wait.

accepted!
communications major
cal state gpa: 3.95
uwgpa: 3.8
act: 31
california resident

i don’t think the alphabetical theory is true, my last name starts with an R and i was accepted first wave.