Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@ElenaParent. I also have a kid who applied Aerospace major, and still waiting to hear back. Have you heard anybody else who was admitted or waitlisted for that major?

i’m assuming at this point the next wave will be rejections

If you take the word “Aerospace” and paste it into the search window that pops up if you click on the enlarging glass symbol sitting at the end of the pages row, above or below all the posts: (1 … 61 62 63 64 65 66 67), you will find all the posts in this thread that mentioned that word. I think there was one person talking about acceptance early on, but then someone said that was a fake. That’s all I know.

Honestly I just stopped waiting for the rejection message and you all should too. I am going to be blunt and tell everyone still waiting that it is a rejection. Cal Poly first accepts applicants, then waitlists, and finally denies applicants. I don’t know why they leave the rejects flapping in the wind for three weeks but that’s the cold hard truth. Taking a look at 2023’s thread that was exactly the case and although it seems there are “less” admitted than last year, it is most likely from CC changing their policies as well as not every Cal Poly admit/parent of admit going online to post about it. Anyways, getting into a certain school does not define your child as a person or the potential they possess. Good luck to everyone on their college endeavors! (Well at least not at SLO ?)

never say never. i still have hope for myself and all of you

Cal Poly has already sent out acceptances, waitlists and rejections. There is no apparent reason for those of us still waiting to have not been notified, but having actually called and spoken to an admissions counselor, they will be releasing acceptances (and waitlists and rejections) through March 31st. No news is good news, let’s not do our best to drag everyone down. There’s enough going on in the world today to to that already, let’s go with facts over speculation.

Is there any idea why someone said that acceptance was faked?

My D got her acceptance on 3/4 for Public Health,

Preaching to the choir.

@ElenaParent Thank you.

@PolkaDotMomma out of curiosity, where are you seeing that people have posted about being rejected? You’re the second person to say that in this thread, but I haven’t seen anyone post about an official rejection so I’m curious. My son hasn’t heard yet either. ?

I’ve only been monitoring this thread and the official final stats thread. There were several declined around 10 days to 2 weeks ago.

This is demonstrably incorrect. A quick search of both threads for the terms “rejected” or “denied” reveals no hits so far this year. The rejections are still coming, probably this week.

What he said. I just searched both threads and nobody has posted an acual “rejection,” only speculation.

While I’m at it–there IS some speculation that accepted international students might be declining because of COVID-19 situation. I wonder if that is playing into drawing out the final notifications.

@SoCalDad73 That is what I thought too. I have not seen rejection yet, altough I am not sure why they are making us wait so long. Admitted notices were released March 3-14, then some waitlisted posts a few days later. Nothing since.

Last year, the rejections started coming out on March 20, and I was expecting roughly the same schedule this year. Obviously, this didn’t happen, and we can only speculate as to the reasons for the delay. Could be the corona virus mayhem, or perhaps a lack of resources. Either way, the wait will be over soon enough.

@SoCalDad73 We were speculating the same thing: either they are re analyzing their admission yield due to the corona virus-traveling concerns or time delay caused by emplyoyees working from home office. Or a combination of both. Either way, this year is a bit more stressful given the world’s situation, but as you said it will be over soon! Good luck everyone, stay safe and stay home.

Sorry, could have sworn it was SLO that had sent out all levels of status updates at this point. I must have been confusing it with another college, been monitoring too many. Just wishing this was over, like the rest of you, I’m sure. One person did say that her daughter was accepted March 22nd last year, so I’m holding out hope.

Has anyone been accepted under Dairy Science and if so what were your stats? This wait is so hard for my daughter (and my husband and I). Trying to stay positive!

My sons knows a kid at his high school that was accepted in Dairy Science. GPA 4.4, SAT 1580.