Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Does anyone know when they start to send out decisions after you’ve been waitlisted? I know the final decision date is June 15, but does anyone know when it starts based on past years?

You could search last year’s thread for that information.

Or if you want me to do it for you, just let me know.

I found that waitlist decisions start to come out usually May 15

i still haven’t heard back for biological sciences, but i haven’t seen many people accepted for that anyway. i am expecting a rejection at this point, but what do you think my chances are?
SAT 1300 (not great)
GPA 4.29
in state
extra curricular activities: theater (president), volunteered at a hospital for over a year and half, spanish honor society, national honor society, interact, link crew
MCA 4490

My DS still have not heard back. Not understanding what is going on, since a lot of admission and wait list has gone out weeks ago. Has anybody seen rejection posts? Or why are they not notifying those who will get rejected.

TBH I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait all the way until March 31 to notify anyone still “pending.” Ivies and UCB just came out today, Stanford comes out tomorrow, and I’m sure a lot of people are going to be making decisions within the next few days. This is all just conjecture on my part, but this year is wacky with COVID-19 possibly altering international students’ decisions to go abroad.

@18eampe nothing here either…crickets! I haven’t seen any official rejection posts, just people expecting it at this point. I’m assuming my son will be receiving a rejection, but without official notification, I find myself still hoping for him even though I know it’s not very realistic. It’s horrible they leave people hanging.

1 Like

After waiting and waiting and waiting, it’s only fitting that I’ve been waitlisted for ARCH. Guess I’ll be waiting some more.

I would guess that Cal Poly SLO is simply trying to get the best students possible to enroll.

They aren’t leaving you hanging to be mean.

according to reddit threads people have been getting waitlisted starting at 5 pm. does that mean there are just rejections left?

@soccersoccer12 People received waitlist decisions today? I’m looking on reddit but can’t find any.

Got waitlisted for bio in my email.

@jules0827 it’s the cal poly slo RD megathread

nothing ;(

@nervoussenior111 was that just today?

just got waitlisted for architecture (cp slo is one of my top choices)

@michaela24 yes, received the email at 6:11 pm today.

anyone else have “no determination”

Yes, still hopeful even though I keep reading declined notices are left
For last. It could be they are waiting for their high stats applicants to decline admissions.

It could be they are now competing with other universities extending the decision date to June 1st.

Yes still seeing no determination too. Keeping fingers crossed