Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

I have a 2021 kid that will be applying next year. I’ve been watching the process for a couple years. I have a 2018 kid that was accepted, but declined the offer.

It’s all about setting expectations. And knowing the process.

SLO’s website states decisions by 4/1. And the same process has been in place for at least several years. Acceptances, then waitlisted and then rejections.

That’s their system. IMO, it’s a “solid system.”

@eventolo: Cal poly SLO does not consider an applicant’s level of interest in their admission decisions. If waitlisted, then all you can do is opt into the waitlist which shows your interest.

Do you know anyone who was stressed out by the admissions process?

What do you consider to be a “large fraction”?

@sushiritto Your opinion.

Someone posted on here a table showing projected admits by major and previous years, but I can’t find it. Does someone have that link?

@MamaColorado: https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/2020-21%20Enrollment%20Projections.pdf

The unknown is yield so I just use a general 33% for all majors but in reality it will differ for each major.

What do FTF and NT stand for?

First time freshmen and new transfers

@JandTsDad I don’t have any statistics sir, but with multiple threads rising each attracting a decent amount of students and commenters agreeing with statements on several platforms, it is a considerable amount.

Son off the waitlist and accepted!!!

IN STATE!

Electrical Engineering

Stats on stats page!

Daughter off waitlist
Mechanical engineering
In state
So freaking excited!

SLO is such a great school! She will LOVE IT! My husband went here, my first son is there (well home at the moment) for Electrical E and my youngest will start in the fall also (just off waitlist as well). So happy for you and your daughter!!! YEA!

where is the stat page for Cal Poly SLO 2024?

@Nighthawk17 Thank you for the enthusiasm and kind words. Happy for your son with EE - maybe they will cross paths at some point :wink:

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist for Communications?

Also, is anyone else’s portal down right now? I was waitlisted with the first round of waitlists.

We are in San Diego also!!! Join the san diego facebook group for cal poly slo!!!

Do different majors let people in off waitlist over time? Any veterans that may know? My dd is on waitlist for parks&rec

There is maintenance done every Wednesday night, so it is down.

Son off waitlist this afternoon.
General Engineering
3.97uw/4.56w 10-12
So Cal
Accepted:UCSD, UCSC, Colorado College of the Mines, Univ. Wash Seattle,
Waitlisted:UCSB