Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Still no waitlist movement recently?

I haven’t heard/seen any. How much do you think Tuesdays decision for no in person classes for Fall has altered the number of spots that will be available on the waitlist? If they are getting a lot of people pulling back their SIR’s will the wave of waitlist decisions be delayed? Although the decision to not open the fall on campus s horrible for all, I’m hoping there may be a silver lining in that it opens more spots by people deciding they don’t think it’s worth it financially. Not trying to prey on others misfortune - just trying to look for any silver lining in this bleak situation.

I wouldnt get your hopes up to high. Cal Poly is gonna be one of the schools where people would go because of its cheaper cost. I think more people have enrolled in SLO-- so no waitlist movement

@goran1234 tbh cal poly isn’t a very cheap option either. It’s easily one of the most expensive CSUs and it may even cost the same or higher than a UC education (since UCs tend to give more financial aid than cal poly slo)

@goran1234 but I do understand how it could be the cheapest option for a lot of people.

Maybe, but I know the Ucs have been releasing lots of waitlist and I know a lot of ppl were at cal poly waiting on a uc. And whoever said it’s the most expensive cal state is correct, so I don’t know how it’ll change people mind.

While that is true-- some people who might not have been so heavily effected by college finances might pick the relatively cheaper option instead – lets see what happens however

Geez… looks like more waiting to hear about the waitlist:

My son received an e-mail from Cal Poly tonight from the Assistant Vice Provost:

“I’m reaching out as I’m sure you and your supporters have questions regarding fall 2020 at Cal Poly. We also realize you are interested in knowing if you will be admitted. We will let you know as soon as we can, and we appreciate your patience during the waitlist process”.

I got this as well. Really got my hopes up until I read it…

I got it as well. I wonder if they’ll release tomorrow like in past year?

@Indecisive944 I hope so as well. Last year, May 15 was the last day they were supposed to hear whereas we have until June 1 (if I remember correctly). I’m seriously hoping they’ll release decisions today and not wait until the last day

@bethiew Per the Cal Poly Admissions website: “Waitlisted first-year candidates will be notified of the final decision regarding their waitlist status by June 15, while transfer candidates will be notified by July 15” .

@honeybeedoors thanks for the clarification! still hoping the next wave is today despite the deadline being pushed back an entire month.

Hey, did anyone hear back?

Nothing :confused:

Nothing as well.

I did some digging today and it looks like last year when they notified on May 15, that was also the deadline for Cal Poly to let waitlisted students know. Does that mean this year they are waiting until June 15??? Lord help me if we have to wait that long!!!

Sadly, it looks like it’s going to be a long wait based on the email Cal Poly sent on 5/14.

has anyone gotten off of the waitlist for cs

Yes.