Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Did you say that you were accepted at Cal Poly SLO with a 1210 SAT?

Just got accepted off the waitlist for English! 3.8 gpa and 1320 sat. Not sure if I’m going to go yet, but definitely considering it! Congrats to all the other waitlist admits :slight_smile:

@JandTsDad Many people have gotten into Cal Poly SLO with a 1210 SAT.

@alexaa29 congrats! did you get off of the waitlist through the portal, or did they email you

Factually and statistically, the Cal Poly SLO 2019 published Common Data Set lists 1250 as the 25% SAT percentile for enrolled students. Page 10, C9. So in raw numbers, yes, “many” may/did enroll with a 1210. Relatively, and percentage wise, not many did.

Source: https://content-calpoly-edu.s3.amazonaws.com/ir/1/images/CDS_2019-2020%20Final%203.pdf

@JandTsDad:
@Lavendergirll got into the College of Agriculture and Environmental Science.

The Freshman profile specifically for this College at SLO was as follows for the 25-75th percentiles:
GPA: 3.81 – 4.21
ACT Total: 24 – 29
SAT: 1200 – 1370

So students below the 25th percentile of 1200 were also admitted.

There is a large variation in admitted stats between the Colleges and majors at SLO.

Here is the College of Engineering stats:
GPA: 4.07 – 4.28
ACT Total: 29 – 33
SAT: 1370 – 1520

Hi everyone, I just got off the waitlist yesterday around 4:00 and just committed tonight. I’m super stoked to be attending this school but it looks like the housing application closed on the 1st of June? So is there no way for me to dorm since I was accepted after the application closed? Also, I noticed there wasn’t anywhere to pay an intent to enroll deposit after I clicked accept on the portal like other schools do. Does CP require the deposit?

Thanks!

Check out your portal in a few days.

You will be required to pay a deposit.

Also, as a freshman, you are guaranteed a room in the dorms.

@dpmkll congrats on getting in!! Housing didn’t show up for me until a day or two after my acceptance, so be on the lookout! You are guaranteed housing as a freshman. There is no fee to enroll, but the housing + dining deposit (paid after you complete your housing application) will be $1500.
SLO Days are $100. WOW is ~$170.

@JandTsDad DS I’m pretty sure means daughter, son. And yes I was accepted with that score, I know it’s not good but no need to judge:)

DS means Dear or Darling Son
DD means the same for daughter.

Stay on topic please.

True.

My son (Cal Poly Class of 2021) got in as an English major with a 1210. He is on track to graduate on time and has made the Dean’s List the last two terms.

My daughter scored a 1200 and will be starting Cal Poly this Fall (Agricultural Business).

Like @Gumbymom said, major definitely matters.

Neither of my kids really took the SAT all that seriously. No special classes, no study guides, no cramming sessions. I’m not sure they did much more than just show up and take the test. There wasn’t a lot of stress about it for either one of them and neither really cared to retake it for a better score. They just took care of their classwork and were very involved in both extra-curricular activities and community service.

That is awesome!

Still waitlisted for Marine Bio. Not sure how the waitlist is organized, however deadline is June 15, and haven’t seen much recent movement reported, so guessing at this point all that’s left are rejections. @Gumbymom Thoughts?

@wardlowcrew: Many schools are keeping their watilists open so many issues are up in the air. I personally would move on. SLO will notify all applicants once the waitlist is closed.

My son is on the waitlist for Mech Engineering. He held out as long as he could, but yesterday was housing sign ups at the school he committed to so he found a roommate and moved forward. I’m so excited a decision has finally been made! The waiting has been painful. I guess he’ll find out on Monday and then the mystery will be over.

What will your son do if he is accepted at Cal Poly?

Hi! I probably just missed it in an email but I was wondering if anyone knew when exactly we’re going to hear back about housing arrangements (like assignments) and assigned fall quarter classes? I know we had to fill out a survey about what our GE preferences are. Thanks!

Housing assignments will be in July sometime. Classes on August 26. You should join the Cal Poly Parents Facebook page. The moderator provides more information than the university does!

@kikiob thank so much!! Will do :slight_smile: