Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

My daughter is OOS ME and has NOT heard. She has no international affiliations.

someone chance for construction management at slo?
in-state
4.2 GPA (capped)
32 ACT (35 E, 31 M)
Work experience
EC and leadership role
MCA ~ 4400

Will we be posting decisions here or will a separate thread get started as in years past?

A facebook memory popped up of my oldest getting her notification of acceptance from Cal Poly SLO on February 15 back in 2017. Man, those were the days! The waiting is killing our youngest!

@upp1234 I also applied for Construction Management this year, and I found a couple stats from CM majors that got in last year (a 4600 and a 4200). Also calculated the acceptance rate given the 44% yield in the CAED college (60-70%). But 1. the amount of CM applicants is going up exponentially, 2. we don’t know the exact yield since Architecture is skewing the published yield for the college, and 3. CalPoly’s CM’s program is also renown around the country as being one of the best CM programs in the nation, so no idea if that increases the major’s yield bc more people wanna go to CalPoly for it. From my best judgement given all the info we have, you definitely fall within the range of accepted applicants into CM w/ a 4400 MCA. I really hope to see you there next year!!

Out Of State, Lived and studied outside US, US Citizen
SAT: 1360, 1350 (1380 superscored)
GPA: Not Reported (Based on how the calculate might be 3.88 or even a 4.0)
Hours worked: 1-5/wk; Major related.
Activities: 1-5/wk; Leadership
Note: Transcripts contained LOR’s and Predicted. Don’t know if they saw that.
Indian CBSE Curriculum.

I am getting this message when I first log into the portal today-
Not Authorized. (96,1)

The user is not authorized to access this object.

But then I am able to go to application status - no determination made. Does anyone else have this?

Yes, mine does the same

This happens to me too

Same here

@HopefulMadre: New stats only decision thread has been created.

Yup…same message here. Applied computer engineering [4771 mca]

My Daughter’s has the same message…

Something else I noticed on CP Housing website, it says Housing Application will open on March 11th, so we would all have to have decisions by then, correct?

That would be a logical conclusion. It also fits the time frame of last year’s acceptances.

No deposit to commit to SLO, but you need to pay deposit to secure housing, according to this thread:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/1976533-cal-poly-slo-sir-deposit.html

The amount mentioned in the thread is different from the one from the official site ($1500). Also note that this housing deposit is refundable before Aug 13:

http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/student-housing/freshman-housing/freshman-student-housing-fees

No, not necessarily. The housing application is opening in March, but accepted students have until May 7 to submit their housing application and select any roommates if they plan to do that. All freshmen who submit their housing applications by May 7 are guaranteed to have housing, and room selection priority is determined by a lottery, so there’s not a particular advantage in submitting super early. In prior years, the initial wave of acceptances came from late Feb through mid-March, and waitlist acceptances were made all the way until May 1. When you submit your housing application and pay your $500 deposit, you’ll also select a dining plan and pay $1000 deposit for that. Good luck!!

Hopefully earlier. :smile:

Excellent! What’s it titled?

anyone know when we’ll hear back?

probably february 28 - march 1 for in-state applicants