Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

Hi guys, I copped off the waitlist today at 3:41, but when I click on the “Yes, I accept” button it leads me back to the waitlist update, does it take a while to update in their system or should I call up the admissions office?

Congrats! If it’s still not working I’d call admissions.

“I copped off the waitlist”

What does that mean?

@JandTsDad They were taken off and accepted into Cal Poly from the waitlist.

My D got off the waitlist today for business admin. She declined the offer and decided to stick with the school she deposited to.

Sounds like SLO is finally moving through their waitlist. Good news for those still wanting to attend.

Congrats to everyone getting in!!

can someone please explain to me how to calculate the semesters of math in the course load section of the mca calculator? Im confused why the minimum semesters of math is 8 and the max is 10. I took math all throughout high school and that’s 8 semesters but how can someone get 10 semesters?

@flurryhear Students can take summer math class, start algebra in middle school or take 2 math classes in one year (ie stats and calc). Any of those would give you 10 semesters of math.

@Gatormaam well the max for english is also 10 semesters, how do you do that?

@fluffyhear four years of math would equal 8 semesters. Some students decide to take summer math courses in between regular school years, where one summer would equal one semester. Two summers plus four years of math = 10 semesters

@flurryhear: for English, students can take a DE or CC course during the summer for the extra 2 semesters to get to 10 semesters.

Do English electives count, like Journalism?

Got off the waitlist 6/12 at around 3:40 for Architecture.

To anyone who got off the waitlist yesterday, when you go onto your portal does it still say you’re on the waitlist?

@kikiob: If the English electives are a-g course approved and listed as such for your High School, then yes Journalism could fulfill the extra 2 semesters.

https://hs-articulation.ucop.edu/agcourselist

I would still contact SLO for clarification.

These are the requirements stated by SLO:
** Eligible classes include courses in language, composition and literature; they must integrate extensive reading, frequent writing, and practice listening and speaking with different audiences. Students may only use one year of ESL/ELD English.

According to the SLO website, June 15th is the last day to be notified for the waitlist. Does anyone think that this date has changed due to covid or for any other reasons?

D got accepted off the waitlist
email came yesterday Fri 6/12
Accepted to Sociology
SAT 1280
UC GPA 4.04, 9-11 GPA 3.85

That was final and 17th acceptance of 17 universities. She was seriously considering Cal Poly, but recently got accepted to her dream school UCSB on appeal- so she is Gaucho!
What an incredible run!

I’m sure everyone is doing this - but remember to decline it you aren’t accepting your spot :slight_smile:

@Clarinettt005 I had the same problem as well, I sent them an email, but I might call the Admissions office later as well.

@KingVG7 let me know what they say