Cal Poly SLO Class of 2024 New Applicants Thread

@account1233221 My son is Software Engineering, so he’s almost in the same boat as you. Good luck!

@Rugby1019 Did you check the spam folder in your email?

oops - can’t delete - duplicate post, sorry! :wink:

@honeybeedoors my son got the waitlist extension email, too, almost 9pm PST. No indication of when they’ll make final decisions… CRAZY!

Several kids that we know are being asked if they want to stay on the waitlist and need to respond by June 19.

Got an email that asked if I would like to remain on the waitlist. Did everyone get this?

@nervoussenior111 Some were accepted earlier today and others received the waitlist extension email. It’s not evident if anyone was denied admission.

No.

Did anyone On the WL NOT get an email?

It isn’t possible to know the answer to that question.

So is there anyone on the waitlist, that received an email of rejection, or has your portal updated to say you are no longer on the waitlist? What happens to those who have still received no nothing from the school?

9:30PM last night my son got the email asking if he wants to stay on the waitlist. Has until Friday to get back to them, but no information when acceptances/rejections would go out.

I spoke to an admissions officer today. I was advised that waitlist decisions have been extended from June 15th until July 15th! The officer said that they have filled up all of their spots but some students have been withdrawing their acceptances so spots continue to open up. There is still a glimmer of hope…

Such an L, This school was my top choice since day one and I have been waitlisted for 3 months so far. I have a 1500 sat and 4.57 school gpa. Is Mechanical Engineering THAT competitive here? Kids from my school with similar stats got into cal poly, UCLA, and Berkeley but I got none???

My son is in the same situation as you: accepted elsewhere with scholarships and into Honors, but waitlisted at Cal Poly SLO. ACT 35, top 9% ELC, APs, dual credit, you name it. i don’t understand it either. Your stats should be good enough for ANY school . Good luck!

Same as above. Waitlisted for months for Mechanical Engineering with all of the same stats.

My son has similar stats as above. Applied as Software Engineering. Been waitlisted since March. Accepted to multiple top schools with scholarships and honors. There are too many qualified applicants for very few spots.

Yes, Cal Poly SLO engineering is that competitive. If you don’t have a bunch of extracurricular and work hours to boost your MCA score, you won’t get in.

I would assume that’s what everyone has. Unfortunate that SLO would turn away just great students with amazing potential. I guess it’s another university’s gain.

"I would assume that’s what everyone has. "

You’d be surprised.

I think that there are a lot of kids that have a 4.4 GPA and 1450 SAT and don’t think they need anything else.

They get edged out by someone who says that they do 18 hours of sports and 18 hours of a job every week. (This may or may not be true.)