Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Does anyone know where to find the average ā€œmeritā€ scholarship that OOS students might receive AND when the news comes out? Thanks

I donā€™t know much about OOS scholarships since Iā€™m in-state, but from what Iā€™ve heard OOS aid is very rare for Cal Poly (and California public universities in general). If there were any OOS scholarships (merit and/or need-based), I would expect them to maybe be a couple thousand dollars max. Perhaps contact the financial aid office for more information.

2 Likes

They generally donā€™t give much merit and even less for out of state. I read that they sometimes give OOS $1000 and some parents joked that it is a plane ticket scholarship.

3 Likes

SLO gives little merit, most financial aid is need-based for in-state applicants via Cal Grants.

I believe there is a $2000 merit scholarship for high stat OOS students and there are some departmental scholarships given each year.

On the common dataset for SLO, the average non need-based aid was $1505 with 94 students receiving this aid.

3 Likes

Agree there isnā€™t a lot for OOS students. My son received a $2k/year scholarship from them three years ago. He was a full IB diploma with a 3.9 uw GPA, lots of extracurriculars, leadership, etc. National Merit scholarship recipient, and a single sitting 1550 SAT as well as a 34 ACT. He didnā€™t end up going to Cal Poly, but we were honestly surprised they offered anything to an OOS student.

ACCEPTED INTO CAL POLY. IN STATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING.

4.14 CSU GPA, 4.09 Cal Poly GPA if did it right

6 Likes

In state also just accepted through portal! Major is Graphic Communication. Iā€™m actually crying right now this is literally my dream school!

5 Likes

D21 accepted in state for business admin. Iā€™ve never seen a kid so happy!

2 Likes

no update, guess im in for the long haulšŸ˜³

in-state 3.85 CSU GPA for context

1 Like

no update for me either

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to reply to you

Both of my twins accepted just now! In state! What a relief. I was so worried about test blind and application surge at UCs and Cal Poly. (Graphic Communication and Interdisciplinary Studies, Cal Poly GPAs 4.15 and 4.2)

7 Likes

DD just got in! In-state, no Email, just portal update.

1 Like

has anyone been accepted in state for CS?

friend ik got in for CS but sheā€™s local (from san luis obsipo)

1 Like

I was so worried too for the same reasons. S21 just got accepted as well. At this point, not going to worry about the UCs, theyā€™d just be a cherry on the sundae as Cal Poly was his top choice. Congratulations to yours!

10 Likes

Same. And congrats to yours too! Such a relief.

1 Like

Are any engineering applicants (mech and aero are my sonā€™s interests) hearing anything yet?

Nope