Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Waitlisted for honors. Frustrating that they are prolonging the process until the 12th now. Does anyone know the chances for getting off the waitlist? And were there any rejections or did they waitlist everyone who wasn’t accepted?

My twins were both waitlisted.

My D was waitlisted for Honors too. And she has already accepted their offer to attend this Fall. Disappointed, since we would prefer the Yakatutu Housing.

There’s almost zero info out there on the Honors program. So, I don’t expect anyone to know what the chances are to get off the Honors waitlist.

Question. My D read me the email from work. Did I understand that even waitlisted Honors applicants have the chance to live in Yakatutu, if there’s space?

1 Like

There’s this from email, “Also, please note that all waitlisted students’ names have been provided to the University Housing office for consideration as students who are admitted to the Honors Program will have first priority for Honors housing. And waitlisted students not admitted to the program may still reside in Honors housing, based on space and interest.”

That is a terribly worded paragraph.

1 Like

I know. It is not clear whether or not waitlisted students have priority.

Am I allowed at the “Waitlist Bar” now? :laughing:

1 Like

My main concern was the housing and it is unclear what will happen. (My boys do not know that it is my main concern :))Maybe I will call housing tomorrow and ask.

Oh wow I hadn’t even read the whole email. My main reason for applying was to get into the honors community (which i’m assuming to be Yakitutu) so this is awesome news. From what the email says I’m assuming that waitlisted students have the same odds of getting in as those accepted?

I don’t think it is clear.

The odds of honors housing are 100%, if you are admitted to Honors.

And the odds are less than 100% of Honors Housing, if waitlisted and not admitted, since placement in Honors housing is based on “space and interest.” There are other living communities, besides Honors, that are placed in Yakatutu too.

I’m hopeful that there were some Honors admittances given to “undecideds” to the University who will ultimately choose another university they feel will a better fit for them on or before 5/1.

I asked the knowledgeable moderator on the parent Facebook group what she thought they meant and she said, “it means that if your student requests to live in honors housing as one of their learning community preferences, they still have a decent chance of being allowed to live there even if they’re not ultimately accepted from the honors waitlist.”

1 Like

Waitlisted too. Anyone get accepted or denied? Confused about housing.

I saw an acceptance on Facebook.

FWIW, the Honors FAQ on the Cal Poly website states:

I wish I knew what “decent” and/or “reasonable” meant in %'s.

1 Like

But I am wondering if they perhaps waitlisted everyone who was not accepted. I have not seen anyone say they were rejected.

That certainly wouldn’t surprise me, but how many acceptances have you seen, besides the one you noted above?

I’m hopeful that one way or another, we’ll find out “our” Honors fate by the end of next week, on or before the 5/7 housing deadline.

1 Like

Just that one.