Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

For anyone waitlisted for the SLO Honors program, has anyone heard of any decisions being released? SLO’s deadline to inform us is 5/12/21, but I would have thought that with the 5/1 SIR deadline, some folks may have heard of already.

Still hanging on for the waitlist possibility. My S21 got off the waitlist at UC Santa Cruz but ended up committing to University of Arizona. Still hoping he gets offered off the waitlist at Cal Poly but it’s been pretty quiet on that front.

1 Like

what major?

Biochemistry

1 Like

Anyone get off the waitlist for child development? Part of me is super excited for SDSU and it IS the major I want, but if Cal Poly said yes… I just really love Cal Poly environment.

1 Like

My daughter SIR at SDSU for liberal studies but she would love to get off waitlist at Cal Poly for the same major.

1 Like

They haven’t sent any waitlist decisions after may 1st yet. Hopefully, something comes out this week.

2 Likes

Anyone here who got in UCLA, UCB, UCI or UCSB CS major, and still waiting for Cal Poly waitlist result, and would prefer Cal Poly over the above UCs for CS? Just wondering, how am I going to convince my son to join Cal Poly if he ever gets off the waitlist (which I understand is extremely difficult)? Currently he has committed OOS to UMD, Maryland CS, over UCD, and waitlisted in the above mentioned UCs, any of which he would prefer.
To add, he would like to do grad school at the end. And since Cal Poly does not have grad students and the grad focus, that is the apprehension. I like Cal Poly, because of its focus on multiple programming languages and keeping current with the need of the software companies.

1 Like

SLO doesn’t have a “grad focus,” but there are 767 graduate (masters) students projected for the Fall 2021 with about 1/2 of them in CENG.

I personally prefer the undergrad focus, smaller class sizes and only having 21,000 total students.

2 Likes

Thanks, this helps. Will save every bit of info :slight_smile: Got some more info on reddit regarding this.

The do have MS candidates, as @sushiritto said, mostly in the CENG. They don’t teach though, hence the term “undergrad focused.”

He shouldn’t worry about grad school yet. He probably won’t need it as a CS unless he wants to do research. If he does though, CP will not hurt him. My son for example passed on Stanford to stay at CP for his ME MS. It was FAR more financially efficient and certainly hasn’t hurt his job outlook or earnings.

PM me if you want some more specific insight about one of my son’s good friends who is 2 years out from CP in SE.

1 Like

Thanks much for your response. Very helpful. Will PM you if he gets off the WL at CP…

1 Like

Just got off the waitlist for honors! Are the dorms for sure yakitutu?

3 Likes

What major ? In-state ?

Communications in state

Yes. They said so in the application.

1 Like

Congrats!

Thank you!

Anyone get off the waitlist for Kinesiology?

I know someone who did