Cal Poly SLO Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Can anyone confirm if they got admitted within the last hour or so?

I saw that the portal updated at 3:50.

My daughter was accepted. In state. Communications Studies major.
I don’t know how to check what time she was admitted, as we just happened to check her portal after I saw the messages here. Her overall gpa is 4.62 but not sure what SLO gpa is. Good luck to everyone. This waiting is so hard on us parents and kids!!!

3 Likes

@Gumbymom is this the usual small admit in February or are they just releasing early? Seems like more than I would have expected and lots of in state.

There is no usual decision timeline with SLO. They use to start with OOS first by College alphabetically Mid-Feb followed by in-state by College alphabetically with admits over a few days. Then a week or so later came the Waitlisted applicants finally followed a few weeks later with the rejections. Now is it a free for all but they always start with some OOS. SLO loves to prolong the agony. I would expect the admits will trickle out this week. Starting in Early March, the waitlisted applicants will be notified and the rejections by Mid-March. They relied heavily on the waitlist last year.

2 Likes

My DD got in 4.0 us , 4.62 capped, ACT 35 business major

4 Likes

YA BABY! D accepted into Animal Science major. No clue about GPA’s. No doubt, this was a BIG ONE!

18 Likes

Just checked and got in for Animal Science! 4.2 CSU gpa

6 Likes

Congrats to all that have been accepted so far. This is a big deal. Enjoy the moment.

This wave seems small so please hang in there everyone!

And remember, the college does not choose you, you choose the college and make it yours!!

6 Likes

@sushiritto Yeah!!! CA news rolling in is great news! S21 busy playing video games so I have to wait. I try to ask because he doesn’t seem stressed out by anything and I wanted to keep it that way. LOL

Edited: he checked the portal. Said he didn’t see anything.

4 Likes

Son accepted for Ag business . In state . Go Mustangs .

2 Likes

D is at work and I texted her and then waited and waited and waited. But she came back with positive news. That was an excruciating 2-3 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kidding. More like 45 mins to an hour.

8 Likes

I hear you. I got waitlisted at CSULB and rejected at Pomona but got into SLO public health with a 3.32 CSU GPA. Don’t ask me how

6 Likes

i see hope😁

2 Likes

@Caliboundboi That is a great major at a great school. Good luck!!

1 Like

Has anyone who applied close to the application deadline heard back yet?

Accepted. Biological Sciences. 4.51 CSU gpa. In state.

2 Likes

My daughter applied 11/30 and heard back today. As long as you met the 12/15 deadline I believe you are in the same pool as everyone else. I am under the impression that they did not start looking at applications until after 12/15.

1 Like

manifesting

3 Likes

My D21 accepted to Comp Sci. In state

3 Likes