Cal Poly SLO Computer Engineering Waitlist

Hey all, what are my chances of getting off the waitlist for Cal Poly SLO for Computer Engineering? Just got the decision today.

UW GPA: 3.75
CSU GPA: 3.96
10-12 A-G GPA: 4.21
12th Weighted (non-CSU) GPA: 4.17

APS/Honors:
10th grade - APCSP, AP World, and Honors Chem
11th grade - APCSA, APUSH, Honors Physics, and Honors Precalc
12th grade - AP Calc AB, AP Physics 2, AP Stat, and AP Comp Gov (2nd sem)

Submitted both ACT and SAT
ACT:
Test 1: 28E 33M 31R 31S
Test 2: 35E 31M 27R 27S
Superscore: 35E 33M 31R 31S

SAT:
Composite: 1420
Math: 790
CR: 630

Extra Info:
Asian Male (Pretty sure UC/CSU can’t factor in race anyways)
Already got denied from Davis for CSE lmao
76/226 from my high school got accepted in 2018 and 90/201 in 2017.

I heard that last year waitlist acceptance was about 60% but then before that, it was pretty low.

Thanks, everyone!

In-state as well, forgot to include that

You may want to calculate your MCA score as described here:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128874-understanding-the-mca-plus-calculator.html

You may want to compare your MCA score to other results for your major listed here:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/2128373-cal-poly-slo-2019-final-status.html

My MCA is 4425 strictly using my SAT.

Assuming my ACT superscore is factored in replacement of the SAT CR it should be about 4549-4570?

I couldn’t find anything regarding waitlist MCAs for Comp. Eng.

Waitlist stats from 2018:

of applicants that qualified for the watilist: 6,643

of applicants accepting the waitlist: NA

of appliants admitted off the waitlist: 2,436

Your chances depend upon how many accepted students SIR for Computer Engineering by May 1, how many spot are available after the head count and how your compare with your MCA points.

No advice, but your stats look good and I wish you the best of luck getting into SLO! My son got accepted for that major too, and yes he has high stats too, but lacks in-school computer classes; my son attends an art’s charter high school. That said, I feel much of the decisions are like rolling-dice, and I just do not know what to expect anymore. You live in CA, so I am hoping you are offered a space too.

My son is waiting with you for the same major. He had a 35 on the ACT and a 4.4 10-12 GPA (so probably max 4.2 CSU gpa). I don’t know his MCA.

@MomofSaxPlayer
Your son has great stats. I was wait listed for mechanical engineering/biomedical engineering.
I suppose your sons major as well as engineering are so popular,even high stats aren’t good enough.
Read on another post to have hope. Did your so apply to other schools.

I’m also instate

Thanks. My son did get in SLO, I just hope the poster and everyone else can too. My son has been turned down by two schools, got into 7, and the results I read on CC at times look like great kids rolling the dice with admissions committees.

Has anyone received an email yet regarding opting in for the waitlist? The portal says it was sent but still waiting.

No email yet. I believe a low estimate on my son’s MCA is 4500 but I am not sure. He did not put middle school math on his app.

The decision for waitlist now reads… which sounds like unless you DO NOT want to be on the WL then complete the survey.

“You have been placed on the waitlist at Cal Poly for fall. If you would no longer like to be considered for admission, please complete the survey that was emailed to you.”

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist

My son got denied from the waitlist today (in computer engineering).