Cal poly slo fall 2018 transfer thread

Hi Everyone,
I know it is early but might as well get this started! Good luck everyone.

My stats are:
Major: Business Administration- (Concentration in Marketing)
Current College: West Valley Community College
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Only managerial accounting left, will be completed spring 2018
GPA: 3.8
ECs: Not any yet
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, Bay Area

I submitted my app the third day that the app was open. I have 1 “w” on my transcript.

I have very similar stats, and major.
Major: Business Administration - Marketing
Current College: Mt. San Antonio College
IGETC: Will be completed by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Will be completed by Spring 2018
GPA: 3.7 (Hopefully will finish with a higher GPA)
ECs: College tennis team and I run my own website.
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, LA

Best of luck, hopefully we both get in.

Major: Business Administration - Information Systems
Current College: De Anza College
IGETC: Completed
Golden Four: Completed
Major Prep: Will be completed by Spring 2018
GPA: 4.0
ECs: Full-time supervisor at a restaurant and photography service on the side.

When you guys registered for Business Administration, all it said was “Business Administration” correct? it did not mention about the concentration at all right? I just want to make sure because for other schools I applied to had a concentration choice.

Current College: West Valley College
GPA 3.61 or maybe 3.71 (Read why) and probably will go up after my fall semester
Major: Business Administration
Work Experience: None
Classes: All recommended done. IGETC will be done by the end of spring.

Transferring with Associates Business Admin degree which apparently bumps GPA .1 please confirm! (Read why response)

Golden 4: 3 A’s so far taking my public speaking in winter

Yup just business administration.

Cal Poly Slo might be difficult to get into but I still think it’s worth the try.

Major: business administration
Current college: Norco College
Golden 4: will be completed this Spring (3 A’s so far)
IGETC: will be completed by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Will be completed this Fall 2017
GPA: 3.7
EC: some volunteer experience at my local library
In State, Out State: In State, Riverside

I will also have my associate’s in business by Spring 2018

I think it only bumps it up if you have an acceptable ADT transfer program with Cal Poly… that is what my counselor said at least. Business admin is not an acceptable transfer for ADT. Try going with a different counselor and double checking because I have had counselors tell me wrong info from West Valley

There’s no ADT transfer program for Cal Poly Slo. I think what your counselor was referring to is a ADT program at a CC. I’m not sure exactly how it will work but I think if nothing else I know transferring with an ADT of a similar major (Which it is) will boost my chances of getting in.

Also I just noticed we have a pretty similar application besides your GPA being higher. I too have one “W” and also have Managerial Accounting in the spring to finish out my major prep. I also plan on having some ECs for the supplemental application. I hope we both get in!

Ok that makes sense then. And yes I hope we do too! Good Luck!!!

Hi I am currently a Business student at SDSU looking to transfer as well. For some reason the Major prep BUS 214, and BUS 215 have no articulation established. Any advice? I am actually enrolled in classes that are equivalents of BUS 214 and 215 except they don’t show as courses that are articulated on ASSIST? Anyone else having this issue?

Good luck to you all. Don’t get discouraged if SLO doesn’t accept you for business. It’s really tough to get in outside of the SLO geographical area for that major. I had a 4.0 in CC and did not get into SLO, but was accepted at Cal (going here now) for intended Econ and UCI for business admin. I even appealed and still did not get in.

Aerospace Engineering
American River College
IGETC: Completed at the end of spring
Major Prep: All required and recommended courses should be finished at the end of this fall.
Will have honors certificate and AA-T in Math and Physics at the end of spring
Golden 4: 2 completed(writing composition and calculus), 1 in (speech), 1 completed at the end of spring(2nd semester of writing composition)
EC: A lot of music related activities
In state, Sacramento

Does anyone understand the golden 4 requirements? I haven’t heard or seen anything about them until I got to that part of the application. When I talked to a counselor today, she mentioned that since I won’t have the golden 4 completed by the start of the spring semester I won’t be able to transfer in fall 2018(Edit: She also mentioned she isn’t too familiar with SLO’s requirement but said most CSUs follow with what she said). No other counselors have talked about this and there is no mention of this on their website; I had to look it up on CSULA’s website. They do mention completing a writing composition class along with the other transfer required courses before the spring but I already have an A in another honors writing composition course; there is no mention of taking two except on the IGETC which is not required. If anyone has any information on this it would be extremely helpful.

Aerospace Engineering
American River College
IGETC: Will be completed at the end of spring 2018
Major Prep: All required and recommended courses complete at the end of this fall
Honors certificate and AA-T in Math and Physics at the end of Spring 2018
EC: A lot of music related activities
In state: Sacramento

Golden 4: 2 completed (Honors writing composition and Calculus)
1 In Progress (Public Speaking)
1 Planned (2nd semester of Honors writing composition)

Does anyone have information on the golden 4 requirements? I spoke to a counselor today and she mentioned that since I won’t have all four completed by the end of this fall I won’t be able to transfer in fall 2018 (She also mentioned that she isn’t to familiar with SLO’s requirements but most CSUs follow what she said). I hadn’t seen or heard about this until I got to the golden 4 section on the application, even after checking their website multiple times (I had to check CSULA’s instead) and meeting with other counselors. SLO’s website does mention that transfer required courses should be complete before the spring semester but they seem to only require 1 writing composition course; there is no mention of 2 writing composition courses except for in the IGETC which is not required and can be completed at the end of the spring. If anyone has any information about Cal Poly’s golden 4 it would be greatly appreciated.

That’s not true I think having most of the golden 4s done can help however it’s not like they will look at your application and automatically say no based on what your counselor told you. Golden 4s are the same for all schools and they are taken off your CCs IGETC/CSU GE. While the course names will differ they still are essentially very similar courses. So long as you complete all of the lower division courses by spring of 2018 you’ll be fine based on what I know.

If anyone has anything else to add to this or even talk about what they have been told feel free to share your opinions I could very well be wrong.

Sociology anyone ?

@Asterlover143 Have you completed business law already?

Major: Psychology
Current College: Santa Monica College
IGETC: Done
Major Prep: Doing the final course now! (social psych) AA-T in Psych, even though Cal Poly doesn’t care.
GPA: 3.93
ECs: 1-5 hours community service, not major-related
In-State: Los Angeles
Golden 4: Done. Only one was honors. Math was Calculus II.

Does anyone know how crucial the extra-curriculars are to getting admitted? Good luck to everyone! :slight_smile:

Major: Business Administration- Finance
Current College: Saddleback Community College
IGETC: Will be done by Spring 2018
Major Prep: Only Business Cal Left, will be completed spring 2018.
GPA: 3.43
ECs: I run financial blog/website for students and ways to make money while studying, everything are legit ways and coming from me or my experience and a lot of research on every post.
In-State, Out-of-State: In state, Orange County

If you are interested, check out my blog: www.studentmoneyadviser.com

(Moderators, sorry if I violated anything, the blog is everything for students to make it through school financially)

Hoping to get chanced for cal poly

Major: Economics- Accounting
Current College: Moorpark College
IGETC: Political Science and Humanities class will be completed with completion of Spring 2018
Major prep: Managerial Accounting will be completed with completion of Spring 2018
GPA: 3.76
ECS. work 24+ hours a week and more than 25% is major related, Also volunteer 20+ hours a week
In-State: Ventura County

I know its difficult to get in for non local transfer students, but i am hoping you guys can shine some light about non local transfers getting in to Cal Poly. Cal Poly is my #1.