Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

We got it on 10th March.

Waitlist notification out

3 Likes

Son just got waitlisted at SLO.

2 Likes

Please join the SLO waitlist discussion if you have any questions. Also waitlist stats for the last few years are posted at the beginning of the discussion.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/cal-poly-class-of-2026-freshman-waitlist-discussion

4.4 GPA, 800 math SAT, 750 English SAT, 34 ACT, varsity sports and lots of volunteering, out of state, applied for Aerospace, but still have not heard anything my portal simply says no determination has been made.

7 Likes

POrtal just changed to waitlisted. Iā€™m thinking this is a soft rejectionā€¦ Best to all!

3 Likes

Yes, same here. Portal just changed to walitlisted.

1 Like

Waitlisted

3 Likes

Anyone receiving an email yet about the portal updates?

If my daughters portal hasnā€™t changed, do you think that means she is rejected, or is there a possibility she could be accepted or waitlisted?

1 Like

I think rejection is more likely tbh, since after the waitlists go out itā€™s usually rejections.

1 Like

No decision means No decision. Do not speculate until you have a definitive answer. If you do not have a decision by Monday, then more than likely it is a denial.

6 Likes

Anticipating the next questionā€¦ the percent admitted off CP SLOā€™s waitlist has ranged from about 1% to about 45% over the past 4 years. Yes, that was the HUGE range. I donā€™t know why and do with it what you want.

3 Likes

2020 stats for waitlist to admitted should be excluded because of Covid imo.

7 Likes

Waitlisted for Computer Engineering, in-state Bay Area applicant.

3.91 UW UC GPA
4.27 weighted capped UC GPA.

Not too disappointed tbh because Cal Poly wasnā€™t a top school for me. But itā€™s still crazy that you can have nearly all As, tons of APs and Honors, and still get waitlisted/rejected

And I didnā€™t even apply CS!

4 Likes

Because a few thousand other freshmen have similar stats.

3 Likes

Son just got waitlisted at SLO 5mins ago. Wave of waitlists is hitting today it seems.

1 Like

Definition of impaction: Too many qualified applicants and not enough spots. Congratulations on UCSC Regents.

5 Likes

still ā€œno determination has been made at this timeā€ :confused:

5 Likes

Yeah, that was my point. Very unfortunate for applicants, as thereā€™s a whole lot more uncertainty now.

I wonder if Cal Poly will start being more holisticā€¦ in this case, arenā€™t they basically splitting hairs?

1 Like