Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

We are an hour from there. So so many aero firms here too! My husband is an aerospace engineer :wink:

1 Like

Woot! I think all the aero firms moved from CAā€¦ :grin: Looking a few years down the road I think itā€™s a fantastic opportunity for himā€¦lived in Denver as a little kid and loved itā€¦he just has to exchange a surfboard for skisā€¦

1 Like

Boulderā€™s aerospace program is one of the most highly ranked programs at that school. I believe it is top 10 nationally. I can understand why your son would want to stay in CA and I sympathize with that disappointment, but the program at Boulder could be amazing for him. I am in Boulder County and got my PhD at CU Boulder. Feel free to DM me if I can be helpful.

5 Likes

Now, Iā€™m trying to make my kid feel better that ucsb didnā€™t give her merit. Yes, we are OOS but bc Irvine did, she was so hopeful. We maybe at cal poly!

2 Likes

Thanks and will do! Yes it is and I think it will be a great fit for him. Admitted Students Day is this Saturday so he will get his first taste! There really is nothing not to likeā€¦

2 Likes

Anyone know the acceptance rate specifically for computer engineering? Is that data available anywhere?

1 Like

There are target projections but no specific acceptance rates by major for SLO.

Approximate acceptance rate based on the projections is around 20%

2 Likes

Rejected Biochemistry
UCD had moved up to number 1 anyway. Go Aggies!

13 Likes

rejected for business admin :frowning: accepted uci ucsd and ucsb

9 Likes

#GoAztecs :desert_island::ocean::sunny:

4 Likes

To your kid and all the others SDSU-bound. SDSU is awesome. Theyā€™re going to love it and thrive.

8 Likes

Rejected biology major. 4.2 weighted gpa. Most likely going to sdsu!

5 Likes

My son is also inclined towards UCD for Biochemistry.

2 Likes

Santa Clara is a great alternative. My son was accepted to both Cal Poly and Santa Clara for Business and will be a Bronco in the fall.

3 Likes

My D finally rejected for psychology in state. All As and 4.45 unweighted UC GPA. At this point, the rejection didnā€™t matter as she is choosing from 2 other schools she prefers but I have to say, SLO must have hands down the worst rejection letter in the country! :slight_smile:

A week ago my D was very bummed that SLO wasnā€™t going to work out. I wonder why the delay the rejections so long when everyone knows itā€™s coming ā€¦ certainly that time wasnā€™t used crafting a nice rejection letter!

Good luck to all. I hope all the kids here find a college they are happy with. I can assure you, from experience, that it will never actually matter as much as you think it does right now!

21 Likes

What a kind thing to say. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Our 4th year Mustang was waitlisted for ME in 2018, OOS and was pulled off - he had already picked Utah, but rescinded. It does happen!!

4 Likes

My in-state daughter received her rejection. She has accepted at Virginia Tech. Go Hokies!

9 Likes

Kbeth sent you a DM as our kids are in exact same situation.

In state daughter finally rejected for history. She is off to UC Berkeley which is a much better place for the humanities at baseline. GO BEARS!

9 Likes