Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Wait, so it’s coming out tmr???

My best guess is tomorrow at 3:22 pm. That was also my guess last Tuesday and the Tuesday before that :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Today is the day…I think :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m going to throw my hat in the ring and say today is the day as well for decisions to start rolling out. It’s time for Admissions to display the same level of standard that they expect from their applicants.

8 Likes

Someone just said they got waitlisted from Poly on another forum. OOS tho

1 Like

I saw that but waitlists usually come out after admits.

1 Like

Yea they do, so I have no idea what they mean

1 Like

He could be confusing it with Pomona. The waitlists for CPP came out the last couple of days.

5 Likes

Probably is what he ment or he’s trying to cause panic :rofl:

2 Likes

Probably trolling.

Edit - he came back to say he meant he got waitlisted at Cal Poly Pomona.

4 Likes

I hope I’m wrong, but based on conversations with the Music Department staff, I’m guessing that decisions will come out this Friday at the earliest.

1 Like

What do you mean

On February 26, they said decisions wouldn’t be coming out for at least two weeks. They were referring to the music department decisions, but since CP releases decisions all at the same time, it’s implied that all admissions decisions wouldn’t be out for a couple of weeks as well. That’s how I read it, at least. Hope I’m wrong. Cal Poly alum here - go Mustangs!

2 Likes

I was told two more weeks on Feb 25 or 26 too. I’m speculating next Tuesday at the earliest. Could be anytime, though…I’m speculating that they are running the algorithms and are accumulating the results and will let them all out much closer together than in years past at the cost of releasing them later than usual in batches, because people complain of having to wait weeks after others have been notified. Just a hunch…

3 Likes

That’s my thought, too! Hoping for this Friday but prepared mentally for next week. Best of luck to all!

3 Likes

I think the main reason that CP is late in their admission decisions is that (a) they wanted to increase fees first, and/or (b) they are unsure how fewer seats at UCB due to the court ruling would effect them.

If it’s just (a), decisions could come out anytime. If it’s (b) that could take more time to debate, since the school having either too many or not enough students enroll have negative consequences

3 Likes

Given decisions for international students have been coming out for past several weeks, I doubt “increase in fees” is the hold-up.

4 Likes

I talked to the person who said they got waitlisted, turns out it was real.

2 Likes

Does the music program require a portfolio or audition? If so, it will be delayed like the art & design programs.

1 Like

LOL never mind it was for Pomona

1 Like