Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

This is just not true @Greg_MacDonald Fall 2020 they absolutely did NOT require freshman or anyone to be on campus. They did offer single dorms to those who want them. The students could change their mind at any time go home and be refunded. They required PCR tests before anyone came to campus and additional testing when arriving on campus and while it wasn’t a perfect situation they did their best to offer an on campus experience to those who wanted it given the circumstances. It’s a CSU, communication isn’t the same as say a smaller private but I haven’t heard any better from those at UCSB/Cal etc. Anytime you have a concern you can email Keith Humphrey VP of Student Affairs and he will get back to you in 24hrs with a response. Fall 2020 was a rough year for everyone at every university.

13 Likes

Maybe they didn’t “require” but they did “encourage”:

"Students with in-person classes, a visa, health, financial or other reasons are encouraged to keep housing for fall quarter, the email read. The university will only allow students to defer their housing if they plan to live at their permanent residence, not if they plan to live off-campus in San Luis Obispo. "

I read about students complaining that they were required to live on campus, because at least 1 of their classes were only offered in-person. I’m not really sure how they would attend an in-person class without living on campus if they are from LA or the SF Bay Area.

1 Like

Mostly labs (science, engineering, etc.) were in-person that year. And the university accommodated for those who couldn’t be on campus. Some students were given exemptions for certain requirements to graduate given the circumstances.

5 Likes

Well, that’s good to hear.

Son accepted for Mechanical Engineering.

In state.

22 Likes

Daughter got in!! In State

14 Likes

Congrats! Did she get an email or check the portal?

Daughter just got hers and got in!

8 Likes

My daughter checked her portal, hasn’t gotten email yet

Stats? Majors?

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone hearing good news today! :partying_face: Would you mind including in-state vs OOS and your major?

8 Likes

English, in state

5 Likes

In state, Computer Engineering

7 Likes

In state D got in for business. 4.2 weighted, 3.9 unweighted. No email only on portal.

6 Likes

Got accepted today, but had to search in the portal to find it. In State; Business Administration.

6 Likes

Are these all in state?

Search where?

2 Likes

Does anyone know when emails come out? In keeping with my personal philosophy, I don’t want to tell my D i am aware decisions are out and she isn’t checking …

6 Likes

Biology, out of state!

7 Likes

Accepted in state, math

5 Likes