So Cal
Business major, last name starts with a Z
Unweighted 3.94 weighted 4.72

6 Likes

Admitted Civil Engineering Bay Area

GPA (UW): 3.92
GPA (10-12): 4.58

8 Likes

Nothing when my daughter checked just after 3 o’clock today… she’s at a swim meet so won’t be able to check again until later this evening:( really hope she has some good news

1 Like

Freshmen (only) are guaranteed. They have done away with the 2+2 promise.

And although freshmen were guaranteed this year, to meet that guarantee UCSB had to convert some doubles into triples and some triples into quads. Some kids were even put up in hotels.

1 Like

Accepted in-state to Comp Sci, 4.0 UW / not sure what CSU gpa is

8 Likes

I’m having flashbacks to being the last picked for the team in gym class

14 Likes

D got in for Mechanical Engineering! In state. 4.0 gpa unweighted 4.5 weighted

8 Likes

Worst case, I call dibs if you till have a place in Goleta that you can perhaps rent to a future UCSB sophomore.

1 Like

D22 accepted (Bay area, CA) for CS. Her CSU GPA is 4.47
UC (uw) : 3.96
UC (Capped) : 4.4
UC (Weighted) : 4.79

9 Likes

Yes!! I saw another math girl @bayareasillygirl Congrats!!

5 Likes

My daughter is a junior there and could not be happier. For her and her friends, the positives far outweigh the negatives. I have not heard of freshman housing issues there but maybe I am out of the loop on that issue.

2 Likes

Thank you. UCSB is my daughter’s first choice but we’ll see. Congrats to all those who got into Cal Poly today! If still waiting, be patient and best of luck to you!

1 Like

Let’s move the UCSB housing conversation to the UCSB forum. University of California - Santa Barbara - College Confidential Forums

6 Likes

Congratulations! My daughter is still waiting on Biochem and has similar stats. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

When does the email typically come?

1 Like

woo hoo congrats!

1 Like

Wow, your daughter is cleaning up. How could she possibly pick only 1 from all the great choices she has.

1 Like

My D got accepted into architecture. In state. Congrats and good luck to all.

7 Likes

civil engineering out of state just got in alhumduillah
idk like a 4.3 cal poly gpa and i took a billion classes

5 Likes

Is the SLO GPA unique to SLO and different from the GPA that pops up on the application after you put in all of your classes and grades?