Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

Oh yeah. I wouldn’t take that one to tell us much about timing even though they stuck the nice “OFFICIAL” in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’m trying but it isn’t attaching my screenshot of the post I got it from…someone posted it on Paying for College 101…

1 Like

It’s also currently students who were offered sports or band or those types of acceptance

1 Like

Lol :joy:

1 Like

I saw that post but the IG handle isn’t official so I wouldn’t put any stock in it.

1 Like

That Instagram post was made two days ago. I assume it was made in reference to the admission decisions coming in the month of March and not in reference to a specific day.

3 Likes

My daughter is a recruited athlete. I’ll have her check her portal but pretty sure they will release decisions for athletes at the same time as regular decisions.

4 Likes

We have a tour booked 03/15. Will we hear back by then?

Also chances for a 3.8 / 4.1 CA but non local kid for Nutrition (in college of ag)

See you there. We are scheduled as well

My daughter also received the email to submit her art portfolio on February 22nd. Portfolio was due March 1st. They were about a month behind on this as all information on their website said invitations for portfolios would go out in January, with Feb due date. So at least for the art major, I can’t imagine acceptances will be going out anytime soon - unless very few made it to the portfolio round and they don’t have a lot to review. Congratulations to your son for making the portfolio round!

Here is the decision timeline from last year.

Cal Poly SLO admit wave started on March 10, 2022 with a mixture of OOS and In-state applicants. Waitlist decisions posted March 18, 2022 along with a few acceptances. Admits for students requiring a portfolio review trickled out on March 24, 2022. Denials were posted on March 30, 2022.

4 Likes

Do acceptances typically trickle out over the course of that week? Or just on that first day and then quiet until the waitlist day where there might be a little more acceptances?

1 Like

Last year there was large admit wave on March 10th then quiet till waitlisted applicants were notified. A small trickle of OOS and portfolio admits in between the waitlist and a week later denials.

3 Likes

Thank you. What is the chance of getting off the waitlist

Number of applicants offered a place on waiting list: 10233
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 345

The waitlist admits vary from year to year.

The numbers posted above by @Zoey2877 were for 2022.

Here are more stats from the last few years.

2021:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 9829
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 978

2020:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 8816
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 4032

2019:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 4976
Number accepting a place on the waiting list
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 67

1 Like

Hmmm…so feeling like if you don’t get an acceptance right away, chances are quite low for acceptance. Daughter is OOS.

3 Likes

I sent a message to Cal Poly Admission regarding the decision date and this is their response:

“Historically, decisions have gone out during the first couple weeks of March, but all students will be notified by April 1. We recommend checking your student portal daily as we move through this month. Thanks!”

6 Likes

Thanks. Does that mean no email goes out saying a decision has been made?

2 Likes

The last 3 years have been on a Tuesday or Thursday so maybe tomorrow or the 9th they will start rolling out decisions hopefully anyway:)

3 Likes