Cal Poly SLO Fall 2023 Admissions - Class of 2027

I haven’t seen any portal updates for myself. So have been searching on google to find out if the decisions come in waves. However,what I have learnt from reddit is admittance come all at the same time. If there is no update it usually means rejected. People say SLO does not even update the portal if not admitted. Not sure if this is true.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted for construction management yesterday afternoon. She attends a small high school with a graduating class of 40 in Northern California. She will be in joining her older sister who is a third year civil engineering major. Go Mustangs!!

6 Likes

SLO will give you a decision. If you have not heard by now, in all probability it is either Waitlist or Denial. They will give you a decision but in the meantime the portal will remain with the same statement that no determination has been made.

3 Likes

Have not seen one In State decision for Mechanical Engineering yet.

Admitted for political science yesterday, in state

1 Like

Accepted! Aerospace Engineering. Is that 4% acceptance correct for this major??
OOS. 3.902 UW. IB coursework. EC’s included theatre, sports and Math Team. Received email yesterday to check portal for decision. Visited the campus last October and SLO moved to top three schools.

5 Likes

Daughter was admitted to Anthropology yesterday afternoon. She checked her portal around 4:15 I think.

4 Likes

Where do you see acceptance rate by major?

Got it. Corrected on my OP. Thanks.

1 Like

Accepted -
SLO GPA (9-11th a-g courses with an 8 semester Honors point cap for 10-11th eligible classes): 4.14 (4.0 uw)
Number of A-G classes (9th-11th): 29
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses (9th-11th): 1 honors; 17 DE
EC hours and with leadership or job related: 10-15 hours/ with leadership
Major: Biomedical Engineering
In-State/OOS/International: In-state

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted yesterday. Her major is Public Health. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I saw your post in the UC Davis thread that your daughter was also admitted into the Animal Sciences major at UC Davis. It sounds like a good strategy - applying to different majors depending on the schools.

@PostSecNervous

SLO does not post acceptance rates by major but some one posted the Target projection data showing # of applicants/major vs. spots available. Since not all admitted students enroll, SLO will accept more students than spots. Since yield/major is also not known, you can expect about 3X as many admits. So for Aerospace target projections shows they expect 1885 applicants for 80 spots. Estimated acceptance rate could be 80 X 3/1885 so around 13% which is still very competitive.

2 Likes

Son accepted for Parks, Rec and Tourism Management. Weighted GPA 3.82
Did not get into UCD or LBSU.
Waiting on SDSU.

3 Likes

Honestly what a cool major! I want to go back to college to do that! Congratulations :tada:

4 Likes

So if we haven’t heard back as of yet, should we just assume that we either got waitlisted/rejected?

Ah. I did 80 / 1885 to get the 4%.

Thanks! Ag Comms

2 Likes

Based on the historical admission decision pattern, if you have not heard, then it there is a high possibility that it is either a Waitlist or Denial. Hope for the best but prepare for either of these outcomes.

1 Like

Hi! Has anyone in-state heard for psychology