Cal Poly SLO Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist Discussion

I am starting this discussion in anticipation of SLO Decisions posting within the next few weeks.

Below are several years of Waitlist data. Best of luck to all.

2022:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 10233
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 345

2021:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 9829
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 978

2020:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 8816
Number accepting a place on the waiting list:
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 4032

2019:
Number of qualified applicants offered a place on waiting list: 4976
Number accepting a place on the waiting list
Number of wait-listed students admitted: 67

Waitlist admits usually start after the May 1 SIR deadline, but if spots open up early, SLO will start pulling from the waitlist.

More information: Waitlist | Cal Poly

1 Like

A post was split to a new thread: Returning CA HS student and Cal Poly SLO admissions

I know I have seen it somewhere …can you post the historical wait list for all the CA schools. Looking for percentages that come off waitlist. I believe it’s less than 2%. Thank you!!!

1 Like

There is no one source for waitlist data for all California colleges. You can check all the UC Waitlist discussions for this year along with SLO and SDSU for some of the data I compiled. Also CDS section C7 will have waitlist data for 2022 if available.

2 Likes

If put on the waitlist, what are the chances of getting off the list and accepted to SLO?

Waitlist admits vary from year to year so it all depends upon how many students SIR by May 1

@Gumbymom
I just got waitlisted. Some of my friends haven’t heard back yet. Are the waitlists already released and now rejections are coming out soon?

2 Likes

Waitlists are still posting but based on SLO’s history, next week will be denials.

How long does it take cal poly slo to notify waitlisted applicants ? Does it typically take a day only ?

Usually the waitlist waves have been in one day but there is nothing usual about decisions this year.

@Gumbymom - I just want to confirm that you are automatically put on the waitlist. My son said there wasn’t anywhere on the portal to accept the waitlist.

1 Like

Yes, SLO automatically puts the students on the waitlist. No opt in required.

1 Like

when did SLO notify PPL out from WL? Someone said July 15th?

1 Like

There is no specific timeline. Last year they admitted a few students in April which is early and a few in July. Other social media sites might have more posts of admitted students but I found only a few here on CC. They closed the waitlist in July.

Anyone else get waitlisted in comp science?

My son isn’t home right now, but he just texted me that he was waitlisted. I asked him if there was anything he needed to do in order to confirm his interest to be placed on the waitlist (this was before I saw your post), and he replied that it said “Complete the survey in your email” but that he hadn’t received anything as of yet. But from what you said, it sounds like whatever that survey is, it’s not a necessary step in order to be put on the waitlist, is that correct?

Stats for CS?

The way my son read it is that you only “complete the survey” in email if you want to decline the waitlist.

3 Likes

Did you get waitlisted too?

2 Likes