Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

Isn’t SLO more selective than any UC for transfer applicants? In 2020, SLO admitted ~15 percent of applicants, compared to UCB’s 20 percent, UCLA’s 24 percent, and UCSB’s 59 percent.

7 Likes

Just got waitlisted. Better than a rejection I guess ! Does anyone have stats on amount of waitlists that get in?

Major: Agribusiness
GPA: 3.3 (current coursework is 3.5 but had to add bad grades from years ago)
Golden Four: A, A, C, A

Work: I work in the equestrian industry which is somewhat related.

Got accepted to : Cal Poly Pomona, Cal state Chico, and Cal State Fresno. Waiting for UC’s.

1 Like

still no determination…weirdd

2 Likes

Same, I’m so sad right now. @CalPolySL0Bound Do you know anyone who got accepted through the appeal process from the past year?

@emilay45 - I do not know anyone but I have read from Reddit of people describing that they were successful at appealing.

One person wrote that they were local to SLO and it would be a financial hardship if they had to move away to attend college elsewhere. They said they were admitted.

3 Likes

For those Waitlisted –

Keep in mind that the July 15th date is only the final date for decisions. However, there were many people who got off the waitlist way before that. Some were only on the Waitlist for a few weeks.

Waitlists are similar to the Waitlists for classes. Whenever a spot opens up & you’re next, then Bamm, you’re in.

2 Likes

even though i know i’m more than likely denied based on last years trend, it sucks cal poly left us hanging without that confirmation. it’s gonna be weirdly relieving when the portal actually has a determination, even though its a denial. i know appealing and getting accepted is unlikely but I’ll probably give it a shot anyway.

7 Likes

Still no determination myself. I agree though, I’ll find it soothing to finally get an answer out just to move forward

2 Likes

I have not heard back

Are you also an English major? I have not heard back either

Yes I am

I wanted to make the Appeal process available again since Rejections are coming soon:

• You have 15 days from the date of your Rejection to appeal
  • Cal Poly has 3 weeks from the date of receiving your appeal to make their Decision
  • Read on Reddit from those who were successful. Your information must be New, Serious, and Compelling. Don’t regurgitate what’s already on your application.

since Rejections are coming soon

:open_mouth:

You mean you know they aren’t admitting anyone else?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also nightly update: still “no determination”

2 Likes

No, I have no knowledge of decisions. I am just providing the link for Appeals in case the rejections start, I want people to have an alternative.

still no determination…weird.

I’m making a college decision reaction video and I am not going to have a very big reaction knowing my fate for SLO already lol😂

5 Likes

Same here, so frustrating!

OMG let me know when its out. Ive pretty much only been watching transfer admission decision videos on YouTube :skull:

2 Likes