Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

No, they have by April 1. So they can reject us on April Fools Day. :clown_face:

1 Like

From here.

All applicants will be notified of their admission status by April 1.

From Merriam-Webster, sense 3b of the word by.

not later than

So if we interpret SLOā€™s statement as

All applicants will be notified of their admission status by 12:00 AM PDT on April 1.

then we should be notified tonight if they have any integrity.

3 Likes

What if they reject us on April fools but then send an email later saying it was a joke and we got accepted. hahah a girl can dreamšŸ˜‚ jk i know thatā€™s not happening

4 Likes

Lol, Iā€™m just imagining that they forgot to release our admission decisions and that we all got accepted.

5 Likes

right?? especially since weā€™ve had some people on here not get an answer with amazing stats! itā€™s just doesnā€™t make senseā€¦ i got accepted last year, and now my application is a whole year more impressive, i have my associates now, am local and i didnā€™t even get waitlisted. iā€™m so so confused

3 Likes

Aw Carl Iā€™m so sorry.

Thatā€™s really weirdā€¦ I just donā€™t understand! Iā€™m sorry

1 Like

thanks yā€™all. iā€™ve been at cuesta for 5 years (major changes) and since iā€™ve got my associates itā€™s like ??? what else do you want me to do lol. oh well, iā€™m gonna write a very stern appeal

4 Likes

@carlvss - That was my fear in turning down my acceptance last year & not getting accepted this year. It was too much of a gamble for me to take.

Although, someone above got accepted last year, turned it down & got accepted again this year.

1 Like

This year is just more stacked. This year saw a huge uptick in apps for the S and A-tier schools. But Iā€™m sorry dude, that stings. Youā€™ll do great wherever you go man. What major are you?

1 Like

I saw that- i didnā€™t turn it down i couldnā€™t complete a required course due to the covid outbreak. i dropped before i got my acceptance. if that is the case, that is all the more frustrating

iā€™m nutrition! i unfortunately cannot afford to move out of home right now so i wil be at cuesta again. i just donā€™t know what classes to take to help chances again. ill figure it out and iā€™ll be fine, as we all will be :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really hope they will grant your appeal!

Yes! Thereā€™s no time limit of when you need to finish, take it easy on yourself everything will fall into place!

1 Like

Theyā€™re really dragging this out :sob::joy:

3 Likes

how is it literally 10 pm before april 1st and still nothing

4 Likes

No idea bruv. At this rate, I really do hope I got in, just to not add insult to injury on their part

1 Like

@carlvss That is a lot of undue hardship, wow. I hope they grant your appeal on the basis that you cannot leave. Best of luck bro.

3 Likes

im no expert but i would say based on reading threads of people that have successfully appealed to cal poly that you have a pretty good chance, especially if you emphasize that you are local, unable to move, and were only missing a required class due to the pandemic

3 Likes

A friend of mine just got in today for CS 3.5 GPA but he is international student ā€¦ I am still waiting from my end

4 Likes