Cal Poly SLO Transfer Thread for Fall 2021

I think the big pain is for our major man. I think the STEM and LA people will be cool, but the UCs don’t really have business. You have Haas business admin, UCLA business econ, and UCI business admin/econ as the only big ones and that’s it. All of the other business programs are really underdeveloped and new. Haas and UCLA are reaches for anybody basically.

UCI has a 25th percentile GPA of 3.74 so it’s not too bad, but for a high-achieving but not 4.0 business student going public in CA, that basically means you’re going to UCI or Cal Poly.

And because of the lower CSU tuition, it basically leaves Cal Poly as the most realistically achievable public business program in the state.

Cal Poly honestly needs to expand OCOB or the other schools need to pick up their slack on undergrad business programs.

4 Likes

Same here I’ve been rejected twice once as a transfer applicant and once as a transfer.

1 Like

*Rejected once as a freshman and once as a transfer

am I the only one here left with (No determination)?

here too and also bio major

I applied as CS major

oh I might be confused with someone else…

Good luck! Hopefully we hear something soon. This is soo stressful…

rejected. was accepted last year for nutrition, 3.2 GPA with AA-T. local :frowning:

Rejected for Computer Engineer
GPA: 3.94
Golden Fours: AAAA
Prereqs: Missing 1 support course
IGETC will be completed in Spring 2021
16-20 hours of major related work
1-5 hours of volunteer + leadership position

1 Like

2 ADT will be completed in spring as well

for anyone appealing, whats the student EMPL ID? sorry lol i dont know who else to ask

Just got official email

1 Like

Rejected
Sociology, 3.8
Golden 4: AAAB
Prereqs: all except anthropology

Never thought I’d be happy about a rejection lol it feels good to finally have closure though

Rejected :sparkles:

English, 3.95 gpa
Golden 4: A A A A-
Prereqs: Will be completed by end of the semester
Work related to major 21+ hours
IGETC not applicable, tried to transfer within the csu system
Local: no, cen cal

REJECTED (on 4/1)

Major: Psychology
GPA: 4.0
IGETC: Done
Golden 4: Done
Prereqs: Done
Local: No

Accepted: SDSU, UCSC
Pending: UCLA, UCSD, Berkeley
Denied: Cal Poly SLO

1 Like

EMPL ID is found in your portal under the tab at top called Personal Info. Then it’s on the right called Poly EMPL ID.

REJECTED (4/1)

Major: Biological Sciences
GPA: 4.0
IGETC: Done
Golden 4: AAAA
Local: Attended Cuesta only this year, 4 year university for freshman year
Pre Reqs: Done by end of this semester
6-10 Hours Major Related Work
10-15 Hours Leadership position, College Athletics
AD-T in Bilogy will be earned at the end of this semester
Applied Freshman year and got declined as well with 4.5 GPA

1 Like

Waitlisted… better than rejection i suppose! definitely weirded out seeing people w better stats in the same major straight up rejected.

1 Like

oh hell no i applied as bio sci with worst stats than you and not local and got waitlisted. if you didn’t get a waitlist spot i would appeal

1 Like