Cal (Spring Admit w/ FPF) or Irvine (Honors)?

<p>I was originally planning on going to Cal (pre-business) but recently I’ve been reading a lot about Irvine and it seems like a great place. I’ve visited Berkeley and liked the campus a lot, too, so both colleges look alright to me. But I’m a spring admit at Cal, and I got into the honors program at Irvine, which is also a lot closer to where I live (SD). I’d be able to take my car to Irvine, too, so campus life during the weekends wouldn’t be as boring as a lot of people say it is. The only bad part about going to Irvine is that it’s not as prestigious as Cal, and I wouldn’t be able to major in business there (I’m undeclared right now). The question I had was if their economics program was any good and what kind of job opportunities would be there for me after college (similar to Cal?) Also, I’ve heard that their honors program is similar to being at Cal/UCLA, but w/ smaller classes, and was wondering if that was true. Thanks for the help!</p>

<p>I've heard a lot that people coming out of Cal usually get jobs right away. Prestigious says the words.</p>

<p>it depends. if ur planning on going to grad school, then UCI Honors would make more sense. smaller classes/better gpa, much less cut throat environment, people are better looking rather then having "Berkeley goggles" slapped on you, and it will just be alot more fun. However, if ur planning on just having an under grad degree, Berkeley is number 1 in recruitment out of college and Haas offers a business degree that is as good or nearly as good as any you can get. So its ur call</p>