Cal State Dominguez Hills Young Scholars Program

<p>Hey everyone, I recently heard about this program through CSUDH you can take classes before you start college and they will count for all general education requirements, no matter what school you plan to attend. The cool thing about this is that each course is only $3.50!
But I am just skeptical if the classes will actually count for general education, say for UCLA.
Does anyone know about this?</p>

<p>There is no articulation agreement between CSUs and UCs. UCLA will have to evaluate the coursework to determine whether the courses are transferable and whether you can be waived out of required general education courses.</p>

<p>I cannot believe CSUDH made such an irresponsible claim that the courses are “fully transferable to other colleges and universities.” I very much doubt the campus checked with EVERY college in the world to make sure the courses transfer!</p>

<p>Okay, I think I will ask my school counselors about this. Thank you very much!</p>

<p>You can always get the courses approved by your high school (your counselor or principal will have to sign off on it) for high school credit. At a very minimum, you will have the courses count toward the a-g requirements and possibly high school graduation requirements. You can “double dip” on college courses and if UCLA determines those courses are transferable, you may be able to get waived out of general education requirements or at the very least get elective units for them.</p>