Cal State Long Beach Class of 2027 Official Thread

So sorry! Wow, that’s crazy.

1 Like

Looks like that is quite useful for admin stat

https://data.ir.csulb.edu/t/IRA-Public/views/UndergraduateStudents/FTFH_S_G_P_AAVGandSD?:embed=y&:showAppBanner=false&:showShareOptions=true&:display_count=no&:showVizHome=no

1 Like

The competition along with the GPA’s have continued to increase especially for non-local applicants.

This data for all the CSU’s and California HS’s: Workbook: Student Origins

3 Likes

Just in case, you can select 2022 at the top tool bar “Select term”. Seems like 3.8 is the average admitted for non- local student for 2022.

1 Like

D has been offered waitlist
Major: Pre-Computer sci
Instate (NorCal)
3.92 CSU / 3.6 UW / 4.1 W

Thanks for the info. Last time I checked which was awhile ago, no new updates. Although average GPA is fine, better to lookup data by major and local vs. non- local since all the CSU’s admit by major.

Wow, CSULB admission standard is getting close to mid and low Tier UCs.

1 Like

Exactly, many top Cal states are getting crazy competitive for the popular and highly impacted majors. Also CSULB guarantees that if local in-service area applicants which meet the eligibility requirements do not get into their choice major, they will be admitted Undeclared so locals are a priority and take many spots which is the CSU mission.

5 Likes

Son waitlisted.
Major: Construction Management
Instate - Non Local
GPA 3.7

Denied
Instate- Non local
4.0W/ 3.65UW
Business- Accounting

Denied
OOS
4.08 CSU GPA
Computer Science

I’ve been looking for this thread! Thanks for making it @Gumbymom :slight_smile:

{Edited to add the info as requested!}

Accepted on 2/3/23. I think her CSU GPA is 4.28.
Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 25?
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 9 I think?
Intended Major: Anthropology
Local/Non-local CA resident/OOS/International: Non-local CA
Honors College Invite: Yes/No – I don’t know?? Can you apply even if not invited? (Answered my own question. Yes, you can still apply: https://www.csulb.edu/university-honors/application-process)

She’s also in at SDSU. Anyone have experience with both CSULB and SDSU and have one to recommend over the other? What is special/good about CSULB that we should be keeping in mind? We are still waiting on SLO and UC schools as well.

1 Like

Waitlisted
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Instate - Non Local
GPA 3.8

Accepted to Fullerton, thought that also got into LB as well. Now, not confidence in Cal Poly Pomona and SDSU. The email said the waitlisted result will be released at early June. It is quite late, since there are a lot of preparation before school start for Fall semester. California college adimission competition is getting crazy in last few years, I think apply OOS college is one of a backup plan.

BTW any stat for LB waitlist acceptance rate?

CSULB has not listed their waitlist data on the CDS for several years now, sorry.

1 Like

DD denied
CSU weighted GPA 4.17
A-G’s 25.5
AP’s 5
Pre-nursing
CA, NorCal

Accepted
Environmental Science
Max capped GPA, 4.91 weighted
Invited for honors

Undecided where she will go, but CSLB probably not top choice…we shall see

3 Likes

I wouldn’t count out the other schools. I think Long Beach is a different animal. My son applied to Long Beach in 2021, this was a safety for him and he wasn’t really interested in going. He was waitlisted as were two of his friends. Yet, he and his friends were accepted to schools that were considered harder to get into (and overall better schools) including San Diego State, Cal Poly, UC Santa Cruz, UC Davis, UC San Diego, Pepperdine, Boston University, and NYU. I do think Long Beach focuses heavily on local applicants and then when they decide not to enroll, they go through the waitlist. My son was offered a spot after being waitlisted, but he had no interest at that point as he felt he had better options. Good luck!

2 Likes

So here’s question regarding acceptance rates and what goes into that calculation. So Long Beach’s published acceptance rate is relatively high at 47%. But based on the number of people I have heard that are waitlisted or denied (but accepted at colleges with lower published acceptance rates), I’m wondering what goes into that number? Could it be that all the students that apply and are waitlisted and then later accepted go into that number? This would probably make sense since they are technically accepted and would explain the surprisingly high acceptance rate. The same could be said for other schools (like UCSC) that at first cut seem to have a lower acceptance rate than what is published.

Yes, waitlisted students that are eventually admitted are included in the final acceptance rate which was 40% for Fall 2022. CSULB’s yield was 18% for 2022 which is low so they know that many admitted students will have multiple offers and plan accordingly. Since there is no published waitlist data, do no way to know how many students are waitlist and then admitted.

Also you cannot gauge the # of acceptances, waitlisted or denials based on the social media postings since few students will actually post their results.

My other son waitlisted
Computer engineering
In state non local
Gpa 3.9x/4.2x