Cal vs. UCSD

<p>I’ve been accepted to Cal and UCSD for Mechanical Engineering and I wondering which school is better in terms of:</p>

<p>Academics
Girls
Campus Strictness
Campus Dining
Campus Housing
Computers
Facilities
Local Atmosphere
Nightlife
Off Campus Dining
Off Campus Housing
Transportation</p>

<p>ps does anyone have a college p r o w l e r account?</p>

<p>Academics: Cal
Girls: Tie, slight advantage Cal
Campus Strictness: no idea
Campus dining: Cal- UCSD has some messed up dining meal plan
Computers: no idea
Facilities: Cal
Local Atmosphere: depends on you
Nightlife: Cal
Off campus dining: Cal
Off campus housing: UCSD, too expensive around Cal
Transportation: Cal</p>

<p>coming from ucsd student who has visited cal once:</p>

<p>Academics - cal
Girls - cal, i guess, since everyone says almost every ucsd girl is ugly, i probably fall under this category
Campus Strictness - ucsd's pretty strict but people have done pot and smoked in the dorms...i don't know how cal's is.
Campus Dining - ucsd...cal food sucks. i guess pay-per-item reduces waste and it tastes better, but we do pay for it in terms of money...
Campus Housing - ucsd housing is cheaper, and i like the suite setup.
Computers - uh?
Facilities - uh?
Local Atmosphere - cal has gelato and bums, ucsd has the beach and nothing else.
Nightlife - again, hobos versus nothing. in actuality, i don't know...heh.
Off Campus Dining - cal has a nice asian ghetto and little hole-in-the-wall restaurants. ucsd is surrounded more by big chains like chipotle and cpk but if you go further out you'll find the asian ghetto and hole-in-the-wall restaurants
Off Campus Housing - ucsd for price, within a mile of campus it's pretty expensive though
Transportation - have only taken ucsd's. convenient as long as it's not the campus loop shuttle. everything else is a 5 min wait.</p>

<p>i hope that ppl saying cal girls are hotter is a joke.. as well as cal nightlife being better</p>

<p>Cal definately has better nightlife. Cal has an active greek system, sports, concerts and many places to eat and club right by campus.</p>

<p>omg again with the nighlife.
on a college campus of thousands of students you WILL find something to do. as far as girls go. how can you even compare that? there's thousands of girls on both campuses. come on, you'll find at least a couple anywere... -_-</p>

<p>It can't hurt to ask?</p>

<p>lmao ^^^^^^</p>

<p>I'm bored so I'll do this.</p>

<p>Academics - Berkeley
Girls - I guess UCSD. When I visited the girls weren't too shabby. Could be a case of the grass is greener on the other side.
Campus Strictness - I guess Berkeley is better, being liberal and all.
Campus Dining - might be UCSD. Berkeley's food isn't great.
Campus Housing - UCSD is cheaper.
Computers - neither? You bring your own.
Facilities - Berkeley.
Local Atmosphere - Berkeley.
Nightlife - Berkeley.
Off Campus Dining - Berkeley definitely.
Off Campus Housing - UCSD I guess.
Transportation - Berkeley. Getting around UCSD is a pain.</p>