Calc II - III

<p>I took Wei Zhu for Calc II. I hear he has improved his act since then and is now a better prof, but when I took him it was hell on earth. I think the test averages were around 40 or so, they were very difficult. Even trying to get help out of class wasn’t very useful. Oh, and I had to take the fourth test and the final while on the flu (swine flu the first time, regular the second. That semester shall live in infamy). Series was definitely the hardest part of the class, as I had not experienced that in great depth in my BC course. Of course, I understand it somewhat better now that I see the purpose of them applied and retaught in an engineering setting. Calc II is just a rite of passage though, it’s difficult no matter what. </p>

<p>For Calc III, I had Roger Sidje. Awesome professor, always trying to explain things in the best way. built a 3D coordinate plane model out of cereal boxes to help us visualize it better. His accent was a bit difficult to understand, but I got used to it by sitting in the front row. The class often asked him to repeat things. But he was very enthusiastic about teaching and helping us understand. All in all, an enjoyable experience, as I liked the prof and the material much better. As a side note, Sidje also has done work for Firefox, which was really cool to hear him talk about.</p>