Calculating UC - GPA question

<p>I am going into my senior year of high school, and live in california. To boost my UC-GPA, I am taking 2 courses at a local community college this summer. My counselor told me that I could also take 2 course in the fall (8 weeks each) at community college and those would also add to my UC-GPA, however this is straight from the UC website—</p>

<p>How do you calculate an out-of-state high school applicant’s GPA? Do you give extra credit for the school’s honors courses?</p>

<p>UC calculates an out-of-state applicant’s GPA similarly to how it calculates the GPA of a California resident, with one exception. We use all courses the student took to meet “a-g” requirements from the summer before 10th grade to the summer after 11th grade. In calculating a nonresident’s GPA, UC will grant honors weight for AP or IB courses only, but not for school-designated honors courses.</p>

<p>Is my counselor wrong in saying that taking fall courses will be able to add to my UC-GPA? or would those 8 week fall courses fall under the “summer after 11th grade” </p>

<p>thanks a lot</p>

<p>Also, I am taking an Argumentation and Debate class this summer as one of my 2 community college courses-- Will this count toward my UC-GPA (A-G requirements)???</p>

<p>Fall classes in your Senior year will not count towards your UC GPA, only 10-11th a-g courses. The UC’s will note that you are taking College courses your senior year which helps your course rigor. If your current Summer college courses are an UC a-g course you can list it under the a-g section to fulfill that requirement and will be included in your UC GPA. IF they are non a-g course, you will list in the non a-g section on the application and not included in your UC GPA.</p>