Calculating UC Gpa

<p>Just to make sure I calculated this correctly… (I’m fairly certain I calculated the points and classes part correctly though).</p>

<p>Points/Classes</p>

<p>10th Summer School: 4/1
10th 1st: 21/5
10th 2nd: 20/5
11th 1st: 17/4
11th 2nd: 19/4</p>

<p>So I know UC gpa goes like total points/total classes,
which would mean</p>

<p>4+21+20+17+19/19
=81/19
=4.263?</p>

<p>Also…, if the SS from 10th grade was not included (I’m not quite sure on this) would it be: </p>

<p>21+20+17+19/18
=78/18
=4.277778?</p>

<p>That looks right, but how many AP or "extra" points are you using?
They cap it at 8</p>

<p>Yeah, that's with exactly 8 ap classes.</p>

<p>But I guess my biggest concern is whether the summer after 9th grade summer school factors into my gpa or not. </p>

<p>Does it?</p>

<p>Only count classes accepted by the UC in a-g categories.</p>

<p>Yes I know, but on the UC website it says 10th-11th grade courses, so is after 9th grade summer school technically in the 10th grade?</p>

<p>Summer courses completed immediately after the 9th grade does should be listed along with 10 grade courses and calculated with the GPA. Similarly, summer courses completed immediately after the 10th grade should be listed with 11th grade courses. We will consider summer courses completed after the 11th grade as 11th grade courses instead of the 12th grade to assist the GPA if needed.</p>

<p>Haha, well that sucks for me I suppose. If I add the summer class it lowers my gpa...</p>

<p>^ pwned. lol</p>

<p>UCD Admissions: My D's UC GPA (10-11 Grade with 8 semester units of H/AP) is 4.07 and she is now taking U.S. History I & II summer classes at a local community college. Assuming she gets As or Bs in both classes, it would lower her UC GPA. How would you best handle this situation so as to maintain her 4.07 GPA in her application? Can her HS Counselor decide where to list the summer grades in the transcript or it's up to the individual UC admission officer to decide? Thanks.</p>

<p>Besides the GPA rules I listed above the UC campus does not decide where to place the summer grades. They counselor, by listing the courses on the transcript might have a role in where the course belongs. Most likely it will be where the student places the course in the application that will determine where we count the grades; of course, this should match what the transcript states which hopefully will be summer 08 as an example for this summer.</p>

<p>Thanks UCD Admissions.</p>