Call from Dean of Students

<p>I got a call today asking for a better phone # for DS, apparently the Dean of Students was just giving a call to see how he was doing in his first semester… how nice is that? I love the UA personal touch :slight_smile:
Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Wow! </p>

<p>How nice!</p>

<p>Bama still manages to be personal even as a big school.</p>

<p>Dh answered the phone the other day & it was UA calling for our D; he said she wasn’t home cause she was…um, at UA. He gave them her cell phone #; I believe they said they were checking to see how things were going & they wanted to ask a few questions. Dh didn’t know exactly who it was; good to know it was Dean of Students. Thanks AL34!</p>

<p>“University of Alabama” on caller id … oh oh ‘son in ER with concussion’ went through mind … had 2 friends with just that call (one soccer, one iron fell from closet shelf) … but NO just Dean of Students for DS wanting to see how his semester is going. Gave them his phone number at school and hung up with a huge smile – the personal touch continues. ROLL TIDE :slight_smile: :):)</p>

<p>I really like that UA calls freshman (and transfer, IIRC) students a couple times during their first year to check up on things. Like socal2bama, I have to admit that I am a little apprehensive when my phone rings during the evening and a UA number ((205) 348-____) is displayed on the caller ID.</p>