Caltech Class 2027 Official Thread

Any guidance on what sort of updates should deferred applicants send?

Anyone^

1 Like

How many days you will have to submit portfolio after you submit the application?

1 Like

hey, i was deferred 2 years ago when i applied and then accepted. not sure if you can pm me here but shoot me a message on reddit: u/Real_Veterinarian_95

i can give you my advice on LOCI and all

2 Likes

just made this comment for someone else but I’m happy to help everyone. i was deferred 2 years ago when i applied and then accepted. not sure if you can pm me here but shoot me a message on reddit: u/Real_Veterinarian_95. i can give you my advice on LOCI and all

2 Likes

replied to two others lol but im happy to help everyone, i was deferred 2 years ago when i applied and then accepted. not sure if you can pm me here but shoot me a message on reddit: u/Real_Veterinarian_95. i can give you my advice on LOCI and all

general for everyone: i can help with turning a defer into an accept, just send me a message on reddit u/Real_Veterinarian_95. i can also answer any questions about caltech in general, its my second year here

1 Like

Thank you for your help to people who got deferred. Yes people can PM you on this group. On the top right corner on the circle with your initial, you can see an alert for private messages.

My son got admitted and we are very excited, I wanted to know what is the best option for transportation from LA airport for students. Also did you attend the discotech event, any idea on it so we can plan for it ? Are there any events for parents or is it a student only event.

I don’t yet have that option, not sure why… but I appreciate your help.

2 Likes

Congrats! I didn’t attend discotech, but I 100% recommend it. I believe it is only for students, but they are lenient with others—this goes for all events typically. To go from LAX to Caltech, I would say Uber is best. Airport taxis are really hectic, and traffic is typically horrible.

here are some screenshot to guide you

step1 click your login initial on top right

Step 2 - click messages

You should land on inbox. I will send you a test message

1 Like

I believe new users cannot initiate PMs for some period of time.

3 Likes

thank you for letting me know, I was not aware of that.

Any idea on the word count for the LOCI?

Anyone^

I think generally 500 words is recommended, although I think I did 550-600.

1 Like

is there any specific deadline for Caltech sports recruit forms?

Happy to help but not sure what sports recruit forms you are referring to. Can you clarify?

1 Like

Does anyone has the mid year report item listed in the application portal? I have submitted the mid year report but it doesn’t show up in the portal, shall I contact the admission officer?

2 Likes

Caltech men’s soccer team.