Caltech Class 2027 Official Thread

@JJ_Wattson ^

What forms though are you referring to? That’s where I’m a bit confused. I’m familiar with the soccer recruiting process at Caltech and happy to help guide, but unclear what form you are referring to that would be submitted now.

1 Like

Apologies, that was meant for @stemresearcher and replied to the wrong post.

This is the soccer recruitment form: Front Rush

Just wanted to ask regarding the deadline for this.

Understood now, thanks. I believe this is the Recruiting Questionnaire on the men’s socccer website. My understanding is that this form can be submitted at any time to get in touch with the coaching staff and express interest. Coaches receive this form and may reach out to individuals who submit a questionnaire to determine their fit for the program. You can submit the form at any time.

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you.

1 Like

Guys, some of my friends who applied to Caltech RD have this English test submission date (TOEFL/Duolingo/IELTS)changed automatically; for some, the app fee date changed.

Nothing like this happened to me, but I am curious. Does it mean something?

1 Like

It was changed for everyone last time too. Don’t think it means something. Anyone here who was deferred and notice some change in their portal? Please let me know.

1 Like

No changes in my portal, everything is still the same as it was on 12/10.

How’s everyone feeling 6 days before decisions?

Have they announced the decision date?

It’s always the Saturday before MIT’s decision date, so most likely this upcoming Saturday, 3/11.

1 Like

same no change in portal. deferred applicant.

1 Like

Is it feasible to get into Caltech w/o research? I know its hard to get in regardless, just wondering since its my top choice. Can’t wait for Saturday

Nevermind, saw their portal FAQ, 50% students dont

2 Likes

received a email that decisions will be on Saturday March 11th. The time section though is unreadable. Does anyone knows what time will the decisions be out on Saturday ?

1 Like

Same. The time looks like this for me

?:?? PST
(PV = n?T)

1 Like

It’s not unreadable, it’s a riddle, lol.

They probably expect aspiring Techers to know the Ideal Gas Law, PV=nRT.

Haha… just saw the email. They used PV=nrt. One of the r values is 8.31…. Could around that time ? R has different values in different units

3 Likes

PV =nRT

1 Like

My app fee date was changed to 03/06/2023. Not sure if this means anything.