Cambridge or Traditions???

<p>We just returned from visiting CS again today and looking at housing. My son will be an Engineering Academy at Blinn student in the fall. He is on the "notification wait list" for on campus housing. Today we toured Cambridge and Traditions. We also revisited the on campus dorms, and after seeing everything, he has decided to definitely go with the off campus dorms and not wait for possible on campus housing. I would appreciate any and all advice anyone can offer - parents and students alike! Especially, Blinn Team experiences in relation to dorm life at either campus, the bus system, meal plans and study group options. Pros and cons for both campuses please!!! We need to decide pretty soon, as both are filling up. </p>

<p>Is the price for Cambridge similar to Tradition? </p>

<p>Yes </p>

<p>My daughter lived in Cambridge her freshman year and liked it. The food choices were good and the ride to campus on the bus was very convenient. My daughter is a Blinn team student and doesn’t feel any different from any other student. Most of the students in her Blinn classes are TEAM students as well. They get together to study like any other students do. She was not in engineering, but I am sure it would be the same for any student. I have a feeling that the new Engineering Academy students will be a close knit group. </p>

<p>You may also consider the Stack or Rise. </p>

<p>Are those dorms? Do they have a meal plan?</p>

<p>Yes, you can consider they are off campus dorms. They don’t have meal plan, but you can get campus meal plan if you like, or you can use the kitchen.</p>

<p>Cambrige and Traditions are both crazy expensive, and I don’t know any Blinn students (Blinn TEAM, Engineering thing, or regular Blinn students) that live in those off-campus dorms. .They are convenient for freshman because of the meal plan stuff and they clean your room and such… but most Blinn students live in apartments, <$500 a month and they’re nice places. Now, if you’re only considering these two places, I’d pick Cambridge. I visited it once, seemed a lot better community wise… but honestly they are pretty much the same and they just made multiple ones based on location for your classes. </p>