Campus Admission Reputations

<p>This is totally based on nothing other than watching admission trends for the last 4 years, but I’ve always wondered if people have the same feelings about the top-tier UCs.</p>

<p>Prestige:

1. UCB
  2. UCLA
  3. UCSD
  4. UCD</p>

<p>“least holistic” to “most holistic”

1. UCD
  2. UCSD
  3. UCLA
  4. UCB</p>

<p>I’ve noticed a trend of well qualified people getting rejected from UCD/UCSD because of low GPAs, then getting accepted to UCLA/Cal because of other factors. Anyone else feel the same way?</p>

<p>My son just got rejected from UCSD BUT got supplemental apps. form both UCB and UCLA! Go figure. He has had a rather traumatic high school situation, however, which he wrote about in his essay. Maybe UCSD doesn’t care!!!???</p>

<p>Phew, guess i’m not alone. That’s good news for your son! I’m still hoping that UCB and UCLA will do more than look at my GPAverage and look at my GPTrend… which went from low 3.0s to shooting past 4.0s. I had a traumatic first two years of high school.</p>

<p>I got into UCSD but rejected from UCD so I’m not sure how it all works out. Still waiting on UCLA.</p>

<p>I got rejected from UCSD and UCD because of my low gpa (3.47 weighted) but my SAT is high (2110) and I have TONS of hours of ECs such as tutoring, programming (over 3000hrs overall). No supplement from UCLA or UCB. Think i can get in? :D</p>