Campus visit scheduled and coming up in 2 days!

<p>Thank you to everyone who gave us recommendations and advice. I could never have planned this trip as well as I think I have without all of your input! We are heading to T-town on a 6am flight (what was I thinking!) on Wednesday. </p>

<p>Jami in the Honors College has been a dream! She has scheduled everything for both of my girls. We start at 9am and go all the way thru the afternoon. Lunch with a honors student. Campus tour. Meeting with someone from Honors College to discuss options then in the afternoon touring the athletic training facilities and meeting with the head of the program.</p>

<p>So very excited. My younger (who is a rising senior) has literally spent hours looking at the U of Alabama website. From dorms, to classes to Greek Life, she has her list of questions.
My older daughter who is at Iowa State, is coming along to look at U of Alabama as a potential grad school destination.</p>

<p>All of our meetings are scheduled for Thursday.</p>

<p>Wednesday we are going to head straight to Tuscaloosa once we land. Planning on going to the Bryant Museum. Breakfast at either Rama Jama or City Cafe (can’t decide)
Lunch at Buffalo Phils for the atmosphere. Some shopping locally, of course we need to buy some proper 'Bama attire, and then just spending the afternoon driving around and walking around to get a feel for the town and the campus.</p>

<p>I want to head over to the river area so they can see that then Dinner at Dreamland in Northport. (per everyone’s recommendations)</p>

<p>Thursday we will eat at Wayfarer for breakfast and then head to our meetings.
Dinner at Archibalds. </p>

<p>LOL so you think I will be able to give the girls a pretty good overview with this?</p>

<p>Just a quick note about Archibald’s in Northport – it is more of a take-out place than somewhere you would go to dinner – it is literally in a shack. (You can see what you are in for if you use google images.) Great barbecue – but understand that the atmosphere will be more picnic than dinner.</p>

<p>For bama gear, go to Alumni Hall and Bama Fever in Midtown Village. Rama Jama will be easier to find. City Cafe can be hard to find. </p>

<p>Consider Bento for a meal.</p>

<p>I love Archibalds but Paying is right. It’s is a glorified shack without the glory. But damn I could drink their sauce by the glass.</p>

<p>I would suggest eating at Cypress Inn instead on Thursday. It’s a nice place over looking the river. But the dress is casual and it’s not very pricey at all.</p>

<p>After lunch at Buffalo Phils just walk right next door to Alabama Express right there on the strip for some Bama gear.</p>

<p>Absolutely agree with the Cypress Inn suggestion! Order the peanut butter pie or cheese pie for dessert.</p>

<p>With this hot weather, you should visit the Rec Center pool on Wednesday. (maybe Jami can get you passes?)</p>

<p>Cypress Inn it is guys! Sounds wonderful to think about having dinner overlooking the river. Nice and relaxing and a good way to end the day. Mom2collegekids I have put in Rama Jama…I don’t want to be lost. And Rama Jama sounds sort of fun.</p>

<p>Is the rec center pool the one that was on the cd? It has a lazy river, etc? Never saw anything like that in all the college visits we have done for older dd.</p>

<p>Thanks so much for the input. I want to make this a great trip for my girls. We only get to do this once so I am trying to squeeze in as much as I can. </p>

<p>Wednesday morning, once we get out of the airport, I may try to take them to the Civil Rights Museum in Birmingham. Not sure yet. I don’t want to run them completely ragged…DD has to take the ACT again on Saturday.</p>

<p>A sincere thank you to everyone for your help and advice. I know this trip would not be as complete as is now without your input.
I promise to post a visit report once we get back.</p>

<p>Yes…the rec center pool is the one with the Lazy River.</p>

<p>Be sure to visit Midtown Village…maybe stop by Gigi’s and get a cupcake…or eat at one of the restaurants there…at least go into Wings U and look around by the bar…lots of Crimson Tide decor there.</p>