Campus Visit Strategies

That is important - the vast majority of need-based and merit-based aid programs at most colleges and from most states are limited to 8 semesters. In my state, if you use a state college grant for courses during the summer, you lose your ability to get a grant in the 8th semester.

Having a road map of 4 years that would include study abroad opportunities would be preferred. Perhaps with AP/DE credit it would be more likely. At any rate D visited Seattle U today. She raved about the high tech nursing lab. Clinicals start 2nd semester of sophomore year. @hemingways it’s interesting you mentioned your concern for political leaning because my D could tell that Seattle U was far more liberal than Gonzaga. She liked the downtown area of Seattle. The basketball arena is in the city but the school provides a shuttle service to get students to games. Seattle provides study abroad for Nursing students in Sweden. In the end I don’t think my D was particularly wowed by either of these schools. But she’s not revealing her hand yet. One last difference that was a slight concern is Seattle’s quarter system.